If you have the mode A eolian you know that it's a scale from A in C. But if you have the mode A dorian for example how do you know where the scale is in?
Is there some kind of trick for it? Thanks already
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Dorian is the second mode of the major scale, so find the major scale with A as its second note. In this case, its G major.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Most music = Major or Minor.
Always try the accompanying major and minor scale...
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Quote by 08L1V10N
If you have the mode A eolian you know that it's a scale from A in C. But if you have the mode A dorian for example how do you know where the scale is in?
Is there some kind of trick for it? Thanks already

There's no such thing as "a scale in C", you need to avoid looking at things that way.

C major is C major, it's the notes C D E F G A B over a chord progression that resolves to C major.

A minor is A minor, it occurs when you use the notes A B C D E F G over a chord progression that resolves to Am

Likewise A dorian is the notes A B C D E F# G when played over a suitable backing, typically a static A minor chor of some description.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com