Im thinking of starting to play with other guitarist soon as my next step up with playing guitar and im wondering since my amp only has 1 input phone jack how would i add another, would it be just solder a second one on to the original one cables or is it something more complicated?

thanks

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
do not play in the same amp! you will not hear if its you or your friend who is playing!
phone jack? like... headphone? telephone? xylophone?

maybe im confused but nothing on my amp ends in phone that i can think of at the moment.
Quote by Nagashiro
Im thinking of starting to play with other guitarist soon as my next step up with playing guitar and im wondering since my amp only has 1 input phone jack how would i add another, would it be just solder a second one on to the original one cables or is it something more complicated?

thanks

That's not going to work - tell him to bring his own amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ive played two guitars through one amp once without much problems, i made a splitter for my guitar cable so i could plug two into it. it buzzed a little but besides that played fairly cleanly.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I have an amp that comes with double inputs, it sounds fine.

I wouldn't be sure how to make one, but these guys have no doubt never played with just one amp.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Some A/B switches have the feature that lets you do 2 guitars into 1 output...i don't see why this wouldn't work in this situation.
It sounds terrible if you both use the same amp. Get another amp.
I used too take guitar lessons teacher and me on one amp and it dint sound bad O_o

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Just get another amp man...even a wal-mart amp would be fine for practice.
Nope, no sig here.