aye fellahs. i'm trying to figure out how i can reproduce some of the guitar tones on the in flames classic. for example, the lead work in the jesters dance, starting around 32 seconds in.
december flower is another good example.
this tone is used on pretty much all the lead work in the album. and i love it.
it kinda sounds like wah and reverb. but i cant seem to get the right combonation. am i even close?
please help.
Quote by ElBarto2811
you can really egsagorate (how the hell do you write that word??) the motion.

guitars:
LTD EX-400BD
Ibanez RG220B w/Dimarzio Tone Zone & Air Norton
Fender Deluxe PowerHouse Strat

Amp:
Marshall MF350 half stack
the jester race is my favourite album of all time and consequently i have tried really hard to nail the tones on that album. for me for the lead tones i use the neck pickup and roll the tone knob off until you get that really round tone. one time i emailed in flames asking for the exact equipment and settings but i never got any reply lol. and yes there is reverb but youl have to fiddle with the amount to your liking. but ya try neck pickup and roll the tone knob off till it sounds about right
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Gibson Explorer + Peavey 5150 is the equipment used on Jester Race. at least that's what Jesper used. You're not going to get close to that with that mode four of yours, sadly.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
actually he could get pretty close. even if he used a something like the zoom g2.1u that ive got that has a pretty good 5150 modeler. he has an ltd ex400 which should sound exactly like jesper's explorer being same wood/ pickups and shape. although im not sure if jesper was using a gibson explorer at that point. its tough finding much out about the gear on that record.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
thank you gentlemen. i guess i will just have to keep winging it.
Quote by ElBarto2811
you can really egsagorate (how the hell do you write that word??) the motion.

guitars:
LTD EX-400BD
Ibanez RG220B w/Dimarzio Tone Zone & Air Norton
Fender Deluxe PowerHouse Strat

Amp:
Marshall MF350 half stack