Page 1 of 2
what NEW NEW NEW NEW guitarists that came out in this decade seem to show quite a lot of talent. I know that in the nineties it wasnt so good but was this decade just as bad or better or worse. I wanna know peoples comments
i may be biased, but imma say thomas erak. he has a lot of technical skill and even more creativity.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
does jim root and mick thompson count since they only started getting good in this decade and not in the the first self titled slipknot albulm?
21st century still has 91 years to go, I wouldn't start discussing the bet yet.

But of this decade?

I don't think we can discuss it yet. The upcoming revival of good guitar (at least in my opinion) is happening in the local clubs at this point, none of them are big yet.

I can say there are some locals I know in seattle that are pretty amazing, Like Andrew Napier of Ascendence and Stefan Skalbania from Flora Fauna.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Is it just me, or did Nirvana kill guitar as a popular thing? Before then, every damn song had a solo, even random pop stuff. In between them, and recent, guitar music was an underground thing. Nowadays its coming back, thank god.

Of course, it could just be that all the 80s hair metal before Nirvana killed guitar, and they were just the reaction to the already dead trend??

Idk
Quote by gabcd86

Idk

Don't pretend to know then. Whats that got to do with things anyway?
NOIZE
that little asian guitar sungha jung or whatever is name of, he will become veryyyyyyyy goood, he already is brilliant.
Ryan Waste!
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
justin hawkins-the darkness,hot leg
dan hawkins-the darkness,the stone gods

jack white and matt bellemy count as 90s right?
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by gabcd86
Is it just me, or did Nirvana kill guitar as a popular thing? Before then, every damn song had a solo, even random pop stuff. In between them, and recent, guitar music was an underground thing. Nowadays its coming back, thank god.

Of course, it could just be that all the 80s hair metal before Nirvana killed guitar, and they were just the reaction to the already dead trend??

Idk

Nirvana didn't kill guitar, they just made a different style of playing popular. Something was bound to kill hair metal anyway because it was getting old and it really starting sucking near the end.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by dxvxb
i may be biased, but imma say thomas erak. he has a lot of technical skill and even more creativity.

Agreed, he is amazing.
Empty Space
Quote by gabcd86

Idk

It is just you. If anything, Nirvana made and still makes guitar a popular thing... Unfortunately. Everyone and their grandma seems to play and take their silly guitar to school.

What you mean is that Nirvana killed guitar as a central element of rock and pop music. Honestly, lead guitar went overkill during the 80's, and Nirvana were, at the time, a reaction to all the overkill of the 80's. Guitar became a complementary thing, and people who start playing inspired by Nirvana usually just learn to play chords and other basic stuff on it, only later moving on to more complex aspects of guitar, if they do.

And I'd say Jack White and Matt Bellamy are 2000's
you guys are forgetting the jonas brothers...

but seriously the hawkins brothers from the darkness are probably some of the best so far
Matt Bellamy, Jack White, Buckethead's really taken off now (I know he was popular before but he's really only got his career going full speed now)
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by CoreysMonster
me. I'm the best musician ever.

check out my awesome 8-bit nintendo techno on my profile!

CoreysMonster is the best guitarist of '00 - '10, all bow down to him.

Quote by NielsWho
CoreysMonster is the best guitarist of '00 - '10, all bow down to him.

MC name = Bearrorism
It may not be the most obvious choice for most people, but I think Russell Lissack is one of the better guitarist that has popped up in recent years. Most people don't know about him, but I think he's a brilliant guitarist.

Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by HollishGuy
It may not be the most obvious choice for most people, but I think Russell Lissack is one of the better guitarist that has popped up in recent years. Most people don't know about him, but I think he's a brilliant guitarist.

I'm not huge on Bloc Party, but he has a sweet guitar.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Thomas Erak easily. Fuck, he started playing in 2000.

He's the guitarist/lead singer for The Fall of Troy for those who don't know.
Quote by KaFuCh
Mattrach

Mattrach is truely amazing.

I'd like to say Kris Coombes-Roberts from Funeral For A Friend, but im not too sure when they started...
Empty Space
Quote by CoreysMonster
me. I'm the best musician ever.

check out my awesome 8-bit nintendo techno on my profile!

sounds like sweet dreams by the eurythmics. or berlin underground 80s electro
Quote by Patrick L
z0mG H3rMan LEe!!one!11!

but in all seriousness Mark Tremonti

Ever heard of Creed? He's not 21st century. Not a bad guitarist though.
Quote by heaven's gate
Thomas Erak easily. Fuck, he started playing in 2000.

He's the guitarist/lead singer for The Fall of Troy for those who don't know.

+1
Despite the band forming in the early 90s, I'm gonna add Joey Eppard of 3 to the list since they didn't get an album out until 99 or 00. Billy Riker is pretty good too.
The guy from Russian Circles also. Very tasteful playing style.
90s not so good?

jerry cantrell, mike mccready, scott johnson/jesse valenzuela, chris cornell/kim thayil, dimebag (got popular), kevin cadogan, noel gallagher, the list goes on.

shame on you.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Thomas Erak, easy.
As someone above me said, he started playing in 2000.
He is huge.
I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
Quote by dxvxb

I have to agree with, you. he is awesome.
Also As i lay dying and Trivium.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by bawjaws
sounds like sweet dreams by the eurythmics. or berlin underground 80s electro

wtf is sounds nothing like that song oO

and underground berlin 80s electro i have never heard
Quote by CoreysMonster
wtf is sounds nothing like that song oO

and underground berlin 80s electro i have never heard

It sounds like aids, heroin and bad outfits, expressed in cheesy synthesizers.

Quote by NielsWho
It sounds like aids, heroin and bad outfits, expressed in cheesy synthesizers.

then it is a success! hurrah!
Page 1 of 2