i'm thinking of getting some effects and one of the ones i'm considering is a compactor, do they come as a pedal? are they easy to switch on and off? can i have some more details on the things that can be set manualy?

please help
Quote by Kevin Saale
"Speak at length about that which you do know, speak little about that which you don't"
... thats why i don't seem to say much

Quote by 5150rando
keep up the good work guys! eddie blows everyone away with his skills and he had a hot wife!
...all you could ever want
what Demonikk said. compressors are super easy to use. just dial it in and stomp on it when you want to use it.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Compressor?

I don't know what a compactor is.

A compactor is what they threw Metallica and their instruments in, then recorded the noise produced and called it St Anger
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
A compactor is what they threw Metallica and their instruments in, then recorded the noise produced and called it St Anger

best description I've ever heard.
Quote by Demonikk

Ohhh i see.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JoelTheShredder
kindaa gonna jack this thread but what does a compressor / sustainer do ?

A compressor 'averages out' the volume level of the guitar signal so the sounds is a lot more consistant and tighter
A sustainer increases the sustain time of the signal
ohai little sig.
Quote by toasted7887
i'm thinking of getting some effects and one of the ones i'm considering is a compactor, do they come as a pedal? are they easy to switch on and off? can i have some more details on the things that can be set manualy?

please help

Any particular reason you want one...I'm just assuming that if you don't even know what it's called then you probably don't really know what it does either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
soory for that, i sorta had other things on my mind at the time..
i did mean compactor and thanks for your help!
Quote by Kevin Saale
"Speak at length about that which you do know, speak little about that which you don't"
... thats why i don't seem to say much

Quote by 5150rando
keep up the good work guys! eddie blows everyone away with his skills and he had a hot wife!
...all you could ever want
Quote by toasted7887
soory for that, i sorta had other things on my mind at the time..
i did mean compactor and thanks for your help!