What's up UG. I think I have a pretty good understanding over degrees, and modes. But what is really stumping me is 9ths,11ths,and 13ths. I'm using A, but the pattern works for every semitone.
A_Root Note
#_b2nd
B_natural 2nd
C_B3rd
#_Major 3rd
D_Perfect 4th
#_b5th
E_Perfect 5th
F_b6th
#_Major 6th
G_b7th
#_Major 7th
A_Octave
#_?
B_?
C_?
Ect.
My Question is, can any one finish the pattern for me so I will know how to find the 9th, 11th, and 13th for every semitone? I'm thinking that a 9th is a b2nd, and after that I really can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated.
Essentially, if my understanding of your question (and my theory) is correct, the degrees just restart, an octave up. basically what you can do is subtract 7 from the degree (ie. Minor 9th... 9-7 = 2, thus Minor 9th is the octave up of a minor 2nd and so on). hope that helps.
On a scale of one to awesome...
I'm the sh!t.

Quote by mr.cheese..
GYMCLASSHERO!!!!! THANK YOU FOR LIBERATING MY TESTACLES AND PENIS!!! (at least on the weekends)!!!
Minor 9th = 13 semitones. Equivilant to Minor second.
Major 9th = 14 semitones
11's are comparable to 4ths
Perfect 11, Augmented 11, etc
13th are comparable to 6's
Minor 13th, Major 13.

Take a simple interval. Add 7 to the number. Add an octave.
So. Minor third. Take the "third" and add 7 to it. You get 10. Your compound interval is Minor 10th. Now, add an octave to the value of it. A minor third has 3 semitones, add an octave. You have 15 semitones.

Minor 10th = 15 semitones.