Can a guitar with a 25" scale sound like a strat with a 25.5" scale? I'm not sure how big of a difference it would make.

I started building a guitar with a neck through 25" scale neck and a strat body. Obviously I can't change the scale now so any idea how much this will impact the tone?

I'd rather find out now before I finish this guitar and it doesn't jangle like I want it to.
using a guitar with a 25" scale will will will not be as bright as one with a 25.5 " scale. its kind of hard to notice though. it will also reduce the string tension a little bit for better bending and string movement.

hopes this helps
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
If its hard to notice the difference then I'm relieved. Its got a strat body and I'm getting the John Mayer big dippers off some guy this week, so its got everything strat besides the neck basically.

I just had a thought though, it can't matter that much as a 25.5" strat tuned down a half step would have less string tension than a standard tuned 25" guitar would it not?
Quote by jason_1986
If its hard to notice the difference then I'm relieved. Its got a strat body and I'm getting the John Mayer big dippers off some guy this week, so its got everything strat besides the neck basically.

I just had a thought though, it can't matter that much as a 25.5" strat tuned down a half step would have less string tension than a standard tuned 25" guitar would it not?

definately. i sometimes use capos for jazz guitar (i want good tone from thick strings but need to play fast, so i detune and use a capo on fret 2/3 for the tension release.
Quote by hippotato7
its about the guitars body shape and pickups

The guitars shape?

No, it is about the scale length a bit, and mostly amp, a little pickups.
Try to be more wrong, I bet you can't.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^ but i bet other people on this forum could be
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
There's a lot of users, mostly newer ones, who come in here acting like they know absolutely everything, and then proceed to make a fool of themselves.
I'm not saying anyone in particular, it just happens a lot.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.