Yeah, ok basically, I've got a LP spinoff-mabob that simply has an awful time staying in tune...now, I'll admit that it still has the stock strings on it, but I figure that could not possibly be the problem(they're like 8's).<.<

So the question is, Should I buy new tuning machines for it or a new bridge...or both?

Thanks
if youve got te money get some grover locking tuners
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
try new strings. (cheapest solution first)

leave em on for a couple of weeks but if they still fail THEN get a set of locking tuners.

that SHOULD do it, but if it doesn't sort it then i reccomend taking it to a guitar shop and telling them your problem
eh...I'm not really willing to spend a whole lot on it...would'nt seem worth it imo...the guitar itself probably was cheaper than grovers.=p

I can do the strings though.
Last edited by Weavel33 at Dec 8, 2008,
If the strings have been on there a year, then you seriously need to change them. That will be why they are detuning. A year old strings would look, feel and sound awful...
Get the new machine heads first if new strings doesnt solve your problem, I had this same problem until I realized that I needed to change my strings because I had them on since I got the guitar
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
hrm...I didn't know they could screw it up that much.=O...=p

Though as I recall, it was not always this bad.>.>
What the **** its seems pretty obvious! NEW STRINGS NOW, WHAT ARE YOU WATING?

+1

Get new strings. Seriously.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer