I play for about 2 hours a day.
Here are my questions:

1. On GC, it says the battery lasts 710 hours for the set, but since im gonna be using the 18 volt mod, would that mean its half of that?

2. any tips on what i should do to extend my battery life as much as possible, and is there any way to check how much battery is left?

3. would 4 9-volts fit in an SG?

Thanks again!
Battery life should double IIRC.

why on earth would you want that many batteries?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
1. The time won't change, since you have double the output but also double the batteries.
2. unplug the guitar when not playing...change your batteries every couple months and you'll be fine
3. Heck if I know, take the cover off and see
WTLTL 2011
^thanks for the replies.

ive also been looking at some Vids on how to replace pickups (Mainly the SDuncan one) and it looks wayyyyyyyyy to confusing, ive never chenged pickups before and i think im better off saving some more $ to have some Tech over at GC do it for me.
Quote by gpowsang
i think im better off saving some more $ to have some Tech over at GC do it for me.

Please, please, please go elsewhere. There has to be some sort of experienced guitar tech around you somewhere. The folks at GC have a gereral understanding of the instrument but they are in no way experts - I know I wouldn't trust my guitar in their hands.
you should be changing them ever week. not just the batteries, but the actual pickups as well.

don't forget to recycle!

jk man, active sets usually last months if you don't leave them plugged into the amp. just depends on how much you play them really. i don't play my bass that much so the batteries in that last damn near 8 months at a time.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
1. The 18 volt mod won't affect your battery life much.
2. The only thing you really need to do to keep battery life as long as possible is to unplug the cable from your guitar when you're not using it.
There's not really a good way of telling how much battery you have while they're in the guitar. It's not really a big deal, since you'll hear when they die.

3. Four 9v batteries won't fit in an SG. I think you're worrying way too much about this. Your batteries will last a good long time, and then you'll put in some new ones. No big deal. It's pointless to try to stuff a ton of batteries into your guitar just so you don't have to change them twice a year.
^to Roc's #3 answer, im not doing it for that, its that i need 4 batteries for the 18 volt mod
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
you don't do the 18v mod with black outs...the designer even says not to...the 18v is meant for EMG's
Quote by gpowsang
^to Roc's #3 answer, im not doing it for that, its that i need 4 batteries for the 18 volt mod

What?

One 9V battery is 9V.

Two is 9V battery is 18V.
You could probably do some crazy mod so that you could check the remaining voltage with a voltmeter from the outside of the guitar.
Come up with something creative and let us know
^gah i thought they were for SD Blackouts too.

ps: just cheched my cavity...only room for 2 9-volts.....
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52