I've got a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue with stock Eminence speaker. also got the 1x12 extension cab with Celestian G12 speaker.

the thing is too muddy, no matter what I do. I can't put the bass up any without it being too muddy. if I lower the bass to an acceptable amount, then the treble takes over and the sound becomes too harsh. there is just no "crisp" to the bottom end.

aside from the aforementioned extension cab, I have upgraded to better tubes and biased the amp for them and I have added an MXR 10 band EQ to try to get a better balance EQ'd in. none of this helps.....still too flabby.

so, should I try new speaker(s) or should I cut my losses and just get a different amp? I'm not asking for the Fender to do death metal or anything like that, I'm just trying to get a decent useable sound for 70s classic rock and maybe some grunge without the bottom end falling apart and sounding like crap. the kind of good sound overdriven from the volume knob and not from a bunch of pedals.

if your answer is "change the speaker or speakers", then what speakers do you recommend that I change to?

NOTE: if your answer is "get a different amp", I'm really not looking for amp recommendations. I just want to know if I should change the amp or change the speaker.

thanks.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
change the speakers, for sure.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/ look around here for speakers, and i would say the celestion vintage 30's is a good match for the blues deluxe, or the G12H30's.

hey, thanks for your quick answer. I was looking on Celestian's site and they have that "tone selector" which is pretty cool. I just wonder if those tones they're using on the site would sound about the same in my amp.

so, would you recommend I change both speakers, or just change the Eminence?
Quote by Pontius2000
hey, thanks for your quick answer. I was looking on Celestian's site and they have that "tone selector" which is pretty cool. I just wonder if those tones they're using on the site would sound about the same in my amp.

so, would you recommend I change both speakers, or just change the Eminence?

the G12 in the extension is the G12H30, right?

i think a vintage 30/G12H30 is a great pairing, in my opinion.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
the G12 in the extension is the G12H30, right?

i think a vintage 30/G12H30 is a great pairing, in my opinion.

no, it's a G12P-80.
put new speakers in both. vintage 30/g12h30 should be a solid paring, and it'd still sound good without the extension cab if you didn't want to lug both around. i'm ordering an avatar cab after the holidays and i'm getting two g12h30s to pair with the v30 in my f-30.
new speakers would help you tone a bit. As for the Speaker a Eminence Black powder should work.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369