Hi all,

First off as a new member I would like to say hi to everyone! I am really excited to join the community! I am in need of some help! I am learning to play the guitar and could use some advice. My friend recommended the below E-Book on how to play guitar by Stefan Schyga and it has been pretty beneficial. However, it is a little broad and I could use some backup information. Would any members happen to have any free resources on how to play the guitar and/or expand on Stefan Schyga's theories? I appreciate all you help and let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks again!!

Learn How to Play the Guitar - By Stefan Schyga
I don't have any exact resources for you to look up, but I would say just google specific or general things you want to learn. One thing I did was buy or find easy songs off the internet that I liked and learned them. Then I just kept getting more and more difficult ones. Depending on what kinds of music you like I might be able to help you find something.

If you're just looking to mess around with the guitar (which helped me learn), try some basic scales. An easy one I learned was the major and minor pentatonic scales. Once you learn them you can just improvise some basic riffs or songs and eventually you'll get better and better. Just keep practicing!!
Last edited by nate763 at Dec 8, 2008,
Go to Walmart and buy the book "Beginners Guitar" or something to that effect by First Act.

It was my first guitar book, and it helps alot.

Teaches a lot of chords, a lot of simple songs, but unfortunately reads in music. But it shows the chord names over all those musical note shizz.
So it still worked for me lol.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
Last edited by TheMeltdown at Dec 8, 2008,
Get some lessons. If thats not possible the Hal Leonard series is pretty good. Also The Mel Bay Modern Guitar Method.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Well if your motivated enough continue teaching yourself but yeah I learned some from this book called Fastrack Guitar method or something
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions! I really appreciate it. I will definitely look into all your suggestions and yes, I continue to teach myself. However, I am trying to save money so I was looking for free resources. Has anyone read the e-book I mentioned earlier? Do you think it would be an accurate resource for me going forward on top of all your suggestions? Thanks again.
Quote by abalmer
Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions! I really appreciate it. I will definitely look into all your suggestions and yes, I continue to teach myself. However, I am trying to save money so I was looking for free resources. Has anyone read the e-book I mentioned earlier? Do you think it would be an accurate resource for me going forward on top of all your suggestions? Thanks again.

You're planning on learning classical guitar? Looks great.

Rock guitar? Not so much...

http://www.justinguitar.com is what I'm using right now...
Yeah although I recommend taking lessons at some point, ive only taken one and its already helped me out
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I didn't see anyone mention this site. If you scroll to the top of the page, you will see a list of links. One of these link s says "Lessons". Click it, and work your way to the Beginner section. It's free, and they get ratings, so you know if your looking at lessons posted by a 3rd grader(sometimes).