Which amp is better? I play mainly metal like Iron Maiden and Metallica but I also want a really good natural clean tone. I'm going to be buying new and it's going to be for home practice. And are all those effects on the Vypyr worth it? How does the clean and distortion compare between these 2 amps?
i personally think the cubes have one of the best metal tones out of the cheap ss practice amps and the clean is good if you fiddle with the controls abit.

i havent tried the vypyrs out that much, but i have to say the lights and controls are really annoying. but the tone was decent.

they are both pretty common so you should prolly just go try them out.
i think the two amps are almost thesame but the peavey has a lot more amp models and effects than the cube and you re playing metal rite so i think the peavey is the amp for you.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
the cube is overall a really decent practice ss amp for metal. never played the peavey...but i know the cube won't disappoint.
I'am getting a cube 30x for christmas ^^ I was trying one out on saturday and believe me, they kick ass
I tested the Cube and the Vypyr. I own a Vypyr. Can you guess which I'm gonna suggest?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have a Vox AD30Vt so I don't have a dog in this hunts as the saying goes.
IMHO the Roland 30x is a rock solid amp. The Peavy might well be good but there are little questions that pop up with it at the moment. Like any fairly new product it might have to be tweeked a bit. The Roland has a great track record to date.
How well do they take pedals??
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
I had a Cube. Its metal tone sucked, and then it just stopped working. The Vyper's are amazing, I tried one, and it took me 1 minute to get an awesome metal tone.
Quote by Warpo
How well do they take pedals??

From what I've heard, modeling amps don't take pedals too well, however I've never tried it.

Also, to dude above me, my Cube 60 gives an immense metal tone (for the price anyways).
Like ive said before, if your into metal just get a vypyr.

If your into metal and everything else then get a cube.

Vypyrs are the best for metal, but like I said its nothing the cube cant do.

i really dont understand why anyone who plays diffrent variaties would get a vypyr next to a cube.

Sure the vypyr sounds brotalz but in my opinion it lacks tone in anything that isnt metal thats why its one of the amp i really dont like or recomend that often.
How good or bad is the un-processed channel on each??

Do they have one??
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Vypyrs can do cleans too. The Dlx, Twn, Plxi, and others can do cleans really well if you adjust the sittings right.

They can do cleans but next to a the JC model in the cube, they seem really poor.
Quote by THEKID546
They can do cleans but next to a the JC model in the cube, they seem really poor.

That one is modeled after one of if not the best clean amps ever made so I'd say it's good, but like you said tone is subjective and some people might like others better. I'm no trying to argue with you on this but I own a Vypyr (and play it everyday) and you tried a Vypyr for a short amount of time so I know it a little better than you. The Cubes are good too. That's why I always tell people to try both and decide which one THEY like better.