I'm looking to either buy an Esp ltd ec-400 or an ibanez rg1570. I'm left handed, so figure that into your response. I can buy the esp for $600 and the ibanez for $850. I'm going for a post-hardcore, metal thrash sound. I like the active emg 81/60's, because I won't be messing with to much clean. Or are duncans the better way to go for my type of music.

I'll be playing through a little $250 60watt crate. I'll be needing a new amp soon too.

To help with the type of sound I'm trying to get, here are some bands:

August Burns Red
As Blood Runs Black
A day to Remember
Between the Buried and Me
Trivium
Neaera
All Shall Perish

Any info is appreciated, thanks.
CBlaiZed
Quote by Myung-trucci
I would get the RG. I love Ibanez guitars.

Thanks, but I need more than opinions. I appreciate it though
CBlaiZed
Trem=RG
Hardtail= EC

Do you like the feel of a strat-like body or Les Paul body more?

Strat body feel=RG
LP= EC

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I own a Ibanez rg1570 and I think it is an awesome guitar. I can do alot of heavy Death-like riffs, but I also have a quite awesome solo tone.

I know you're looking for a hardcore-ish sound but I think the RG really give you a powerful sound. Also, if you are left-handed and still play right-handed guitars, the RG neck is really nice, thin and fast to play on and you can even reach the high notes without difficulties.

Hope this will help.
Wrong forum.
*reported*
Nobody else respond.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.