If you were to lock away a man into a room who had never heard music or played an instrument with a piano, a drum set, a guitar and a saxophone for 10 years and the only thing to do would be to play these instruments, what kind of music do you think would he create?
He would have no teacher and no influences, no scales or basic rythmes, nothing, he would basically reinvent music.

What kind of music would come out?
Would he discover harmonics, tapping or sweeping?

Wouldn't that be the oddest music ever made?
I think he wouldn reinvent the style "starvation in captivity".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
how do we now?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

It would probably end up being just a bunch of random noise.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
There's only one way to find out.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
i've actually thought about this exact thing before, and the answer is that i don't know.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
I dunno what kind of music he'd make but I'll bet you $500.00 he kicks the crap out of you when you let him loose.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
That's interesting; it's very possible that he would invent a new sound, style, technique, and others.

As he would not know how to correctly play the instrument, he would develop a faulty technique, which might, in the long run, produce a unique sound.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by metal4life592
It would probably end up being just a bunch of random noise.

Yeah, if he has no basis on any music whatsoever, then what he perceives as music would probably just be horrific noise to us...
serious prediction here

he would prolly snap a string, or the piano would go out of tune, the drums would have holes in them, and the sax's reeds would chip and go bad

I believe even if there were fixes in the room he was locked in, he wouldnt be able to implement them correctly, the piano would remain forever out of tune, and each of the guitars strings would be out of tune, etc

now I belive if he was bored enough, he would continue to play the instrument, the sax would squeal alot, there would be alot of different sounding tones coming from every instrument, it would sound very primitive, such as a random beat or melodie

I dont think he would reinvent music, it would just sound very primitive
Quote by xander307
You reckon you could take your dad in a fight?

Quote by alfonzo99

No is the answer.

EDIT: I reckon I'd give my mom a good kicking!
Quote by Iriathz
That's interesting; it's very possible that he would invent a new sound, style, technique, and others.

As he would not know how to correctly play the instrument, he would develop a faulty technique, which might, in the long run, produce a unique sound.

He might also produce a better technique
It could turn out to be awesome, or it could be awful .
Quote by itchy guitar
There's only one way to find out.

yep
If he ever heard music before, he is going to form it after that, and discover the theory behind it. So if he listened to Jonas Brothers, he would first figure out how to play that. Assuming that he would broaden his musical capabilities, he would make more virtuoso music; AKA progressive music, what happens after that? Iunno, it's probably something experimental that we don't know yet, he might make electronical music. The point is, TS, that he will beat the crap out of you when he comes out.

Since what we like is highly influenced by what we have been raised with and heard through our lifes, this man would have no concept of what sounds "good" to us.

But of course certain notes fit with certain harmonics and so on - to some point, because the "growls" these make can also be seen as beautiful or horrible - it's just a matter of what you're used too.

So I'd say, if we're lucky it'll be inventive, but still sound (not very likeable, if he haven't ever heard "our music") or it'll just be "random noise".
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
I'm going with 'random noise.'
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Jackal58
I dunno what kind of music he'd make but I'll bet you $500.00 he kicks the crap out of you when you let him loose.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
This reminds me of Plato's theory... or some philosopher.
Someone is chained to a rock and forced to look at a rock wall and nothing else, can't see any other dimensions but a flat surface, can't move his head... nothing.

Then one day he's let go and basically gets a mind****.
Firstly, I reckon he'd pick an instrument he liked the look of and stick to it.
And chances are it'd be crap, whatever it was.
I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
It's be the blues obviously
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O