I'm moving to CA from PA in about 2 months. I won't be taking much really just my gear and some clothes bags.

I've been crunching the numbers and with the weight of my equipment it will cost the same to ship all my stuff to me and hop a plane as it would to just rent a car and drive my stuff there.

I don't really wanna do either (i really hate airports) but i'll drive if i have to.

Is there an alternative I'm not seeing?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com

Worked for me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
good luck pilgrim
Dream Theater = "The auditory equivalent of masturbating into a cup and then smelling it."
Quote by sidebuster
Bus or train?

can't really take a train across the US, and taking a bus across the US would likely take 3 weeks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
hitchhike

trainhop (but don't do that unless you know what you're doing because it's very dangerous)

those are the cheapest ways to get anywhere
how do you guys protect your gear? like insurance-wise? I'm checking out renter's insurance and i've seen nothing of any policy covering musical equipment.

the only valuables i own is gear

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Mines covered under my homeowners insurance. Don't think I ever worried about it when I was 18.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
well i'll be renting or possibly subletting. i've found no info on california sublease law or anything

Quote by fastlanestoner
how do you guys protect your gear? like insurance-wise? I'm checking out renter's insurance and i've seen nothing of any policy covering musical equipment.

the only valuables i own is gear

this. My dad got renter's insurance and its like $338 for a year for like $20,000 bucks i think

and my gear is $8,500 of that
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Talk to an insurance agent. I'm sure renters insurance will cover your gear.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'll be moving to Long Beach. Can't wait!

Man, if it costs the same... go for the roadtrip, way more to see, live and meet people along the way.
UG's most Die Hard Rock n' Roller, hands down.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll.