Hey guys (and girls), I'm currently doing a creative write and I wanted your opinions on what the essence of friendship is. Like, think of your best friend, and at the end of the day, why are you best friends? When boiled down, what is the core value of friendship?

A little cheeseball, I know, but hopefully I can sift through the typical Pit responses and get a couple useful responses. Thanks

For myself, I think that friendship is just knowing that the other person will be there for you no matter what.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Knowing when to offer help and advice and when to just avoid an issue.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
When you've wakeboarded naked from someone's boat, there is a bonding
Dream Theater = "The auditory equivalent of masturbating into a cup and then smelling it."
Quote by metaldud536
Someone who doesn't use flamethrower on you during the middle of a fight.

Only counts if you have a grass, or steel pokémon in the field though.

Quote by metaldud536
Someone who doesn't use flamethrower on you during the middle of a fight.

Flamethrower isn't THAT bad.

It's Fire Spin that I can't handle. They keep attacking and attacking and you can't counter it!!!!!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
You can discuss things with them that you wouldn't with other people, you put up with each others shortcomings to a certain extent and you genuinely enjoy the persons company I suppose
- A friend will always gives you an honest insight in what they think of you in tough situations.
- A friend will never talk behind your back
- A friend will always tell you what others think of you
- A friend will always call you up a few times a week to see how you're getting on
- A friend will always invite you out every so often (at least once a week)
- A friend will never overshadow (not respond to you) you in front of anyone
- A friend will always have initiative on how you might be feeling on any situation and, if it applies, try not to make it worse (they may do something that will upset you but unintentionally - that's the main part)
- A friend will always remember you birthday (gifts are given by better friends, except by mutual recognition whereby they don't get you a gift if you don't get them one)
- A friend will never steal a relationship from you intentionally. Love is tough sometimes and there's no way of helping it but that friend must specifically take steps to make it known to you, before crossing the line such as sleeping with, kissing with, or even telling that relation how they feel.
- A friend will appologize when he or she is in the wrong and knows it.
- A great friend will forgive for broken rules of that friendship
- A great friend tells you everything, even secrets
- A friend will make you laugh and knows what won't make you laugh (personal jokes and knowing what will hurt you). Saying that, a friend will never make personal jokes at you.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

hmmm...i'd say a friend is someone you can sit in the same room with and have a comfortable silence and share insights and be humorous with and serious with at other times. They accept all of you and you accept all of them...
A good friend will help you up when you fall
A best friend will laugh and push you down again
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
One who gets you involved if something fun's going on and who gives as much as takes.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Core value of friendship you ask?

When you're being honest and tell your best friend you fucked his girl in the ass.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
A Freind will tell you when you need a shower and to shave, an enemy will tell you taht you're fine the way you are."

A friend should be honest with you.
A friend will overlook your shortcomings.

A good friend will bail you out of jail.

Your best friend will be in the cell with you saying, "Damn that was fun."
when at the end of the night you two can make hot passionate spanish love and nut all over each other's faces and its not gay one bit.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
An advantage of old friends is that you can be silly with them.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by Harmonius
- A friend will always gives you an honest insight in what they think of you in tough situations.
- A friend will never talk behind your back
- A friend will always tell you what others think of you
- A friend will always call you up a few times a week to see how you're getting on
- A friend will always invite you out every so often (at least once a week)
- A friend will never overshadow (not respond to you) you in front of anyone
- A friend will always have initiative on how you might be feeling on any situation and, if it applies, try not to make it worse (they may do something that will upset you but unintentionally - that's the main part)
- A friend will always remember you birthday (gifts are given by better friends, except by mutual recognition whereby they don't get you a gift if you don't get them one)
- A friend will never steal a relationship from you intentionally. Love is tough sometimes and there's no way of helping it but that friend must specifically take steps to make it known to you, before crossing the line such as sleeping with, kissing with, or even telling that relation how they feel.
- A friend will appologize when he or she is in the wrong and knows it.
- A great friend will forgive for broken rules of that friendship
- A great friend tells you everything, even secrets
- A friend will make you laugh and knows what won't make you laugh (personal jokes and knowing what will hurt you). Saying that, a friend will never make personal jokes at you.

Come on now, I don't think he asked for a tacky chain email.

All you need for friendship is loyalty and trust, as someone said before.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Jericho114

to be fair though alot of that is true, or atleast the majority of it is what i deem to be qualities of a friend.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Don't care much for friends. Brothers are better.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by saint22
A friend will overlook your shortcomings.

A good friend will bail you out of jail.

Your best friend will be in the cell with you saying, "Damn that was fun."

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by twistedmaggot
to be fair though alot of that is true, or atleast the majority of it is what i deem to be qualities of a friend.

To be fair, the TS clearly stated in his post he wanted to know what the core value of friendship was.

A lot of those things listed were just extra benefits.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

R-e-s-p-e-c-t
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

the way i see it, the essence of friendship is shared happiness.
The views expressed in this post are not that of the user and, as such, they shall be disregarded by all mods. Due to this binding clause, warnings/bannings can no longer take place.
Loyalty. Being able to disagree on many things and still get on great. Companionable silences. Being able to go ages without seeing eachother, and then it being just as good as when you left. Etc.
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
^i have to agree with that guy, my best friend is an outspoken liberal atheist and i'm a very conservative Christian
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
I wish my friends knew all this stuff.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Jericho114

That's not a "tacky chainmail" - I took time thinking of what I consider a friend.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
That's not a "tacky chainmail" - I took time thinking of what I consider a friend.

Are those really core elements of a friend though?

Getting a call a few times a week, invite over once a week etc. Those things don't seem like core elements to me.

The tacky chainmail comment is because it reminded me of one of those female written emails that have the ridiculous requests of what a "true" boyfriend should be like etc.
Quote by red18420