Poll: 6505+?
Poll Options
View poll results: 6505+?
Yay
8 40%
Nay
12 60%
Voters: 20.
I called a local guitar shop and they have a Peavey 6505+ Halfstack for $1200 new. Is this a good deal? Should I keep saving? I'm going to compare this to the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. (I can't afford the Mesa and I won't be able to for a LONG time)

This one: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-HalfStack?sku=485055

And most importantly:

Can someone give some information on this amp?
Last edited by coryklok at Dec 8, 2008,
Peavey 6505+/5150II are great amps, if that's the tone you want. As far as the price.. that's pretty standard, you're not getting a good or bad deal.

A good deal is something closer to $1000 or $900
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
they each have their own distinct sound... mesa is a looser distortion I think. Both are good for what they are, just depends on what you like
i personally prefer peaveys but that price is the same about anywhere
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Peavey imo. Much better defined low end as opposed to the Recto
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Peavey imo. Much better defined low end as opposed to the Recto

I would disagree if it is a dual channel
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Not a good deal. New they run $1,159. Also the Guitar Center in my area has a $200-$300 dollar off deal on them right now.

Really? They cost $1800 new on Musicians Friend.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I would disagree if it is a dual channel

Rectos are reknowned for not having an amazingly tight arse, it's one of their characteristics.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Rectos are reknowned for not having an amazingly tight arse, it's one of their characteristics.

Have you played a Pre-500 dual channel? If not, i suggest it. The low end is actually surprisingly tight. As well, the Mesa has pretty solid clean tones..... whereas the peavey without a chorus = meh.

EDIT:

I am not only referring to the pre-500's...but the early 90's 2 channels as well.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by coryklok
Really? They cost $1800 new on Musicians Friend.

I take it your talking about the halfstack... Huge difference... Also it would be worth it because you can sell the cab and get a hell of a lot better 2x12 cab out of the deal for free in a since...