What do you guys think about the rickenbacher guitars? I'm looking into getting one. Probably a 12 string model, im fanatic about that. Opinions?
Last edited by equaltocody at Dec 9, 2008,
I wish...
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by SoftParade1967
I wish...

Same.. but what's a Rickencaker?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
rickencaker lol

never really played one
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Retro machines. Nice fat necks, quite neck heavy because of the double expanding truss rod, but the tone is gorgeous; jangle heaven. Build quality is immaculate.
beautiful guitars, first electric was a rickenbacker.
expensive though..
and i'd fix your title because when i read rickencaker i thought it was a knock off brand.
but that might bring UGers to your thread...idk
EDIT: and if you do get one...be sure to play it through a fender tube amp to get the ultimate sexual clean tone.
Rickencakes... YUM! In all honesty, gorgeous guitars. If you can get one, go for it.
Gibson.
I have had a couple in my day and they are one of the best made guitars I ever had. I was more of a Gibson collector than anything but never could pass up a Rick if the price was right. I have to say I did own a Rick bass and IMHO no one made a better bass. My only problem with Ricks is the price they do tend to be up there and even older ones bring top dollar now. Even at the high prices they are well worth it.

John
I would love a Rickencaker bass. Guitars, not so much.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I like my 360 quite a bit. It's my favorite semi-hollow of theirs. Sadly, it's on ebay though.
1977 Gibson Les Paul Special DC
1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2006 PRS CE22
2006 Fender American Telecaster Deluxe
2006 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Acoustic
Orange Rocker 30 Amplifier
More pedals than I know what to do with...