I barely play the thing because I think it is crap compared to my other two guitars. If I do anything too it, its going to be drastic. I want to make it a more metal style guitar. Im thinking of converting the two pickups to emg's and a floyd rose neck and paint the thing black similar to the James Root Custom.

How much money would I need to do most of that?
Jim Root doesn't use a floyd (on his tele, at least), but that would be more trouble than it's worth.

The whole control cavity thing is soild, so you'd have to strip down the entire guitar, route for the floyd, fill in the control cavity and just have the small area drilled for one pot + the switch, and then route out the pickup slots to fit humbuckers.

Plus if you put the floyd, I think you'd need to shim the neck.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

The floyd sounds like more work than its worth, but I like your other ideas.
Maybe replace the bridge and slap in an 81/60 set in there.
If you get the EMG's on ebay and wire everything up yourself, anywhere from 100-200. And a new bridge will be a must, now that I think about it, maybe new tuners as well.
He said "floyd rose neck" assuming he means, putting a locking nut on it, which is pointless, not much hassle but very pointless, if Chris Broderick can use a trem without a locking nut, you can use a hardtail without one
But by all means do the rest.
Turn this thing into a beast, so I will have faith in the world again.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
why does everyone want to upgrade a squier?

I dont think its worth it.

If the thing feels good, and you modify it to make it sound good, then I'm pretty sure it becomes a good instrument...what's the problem?
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
why does everyone want to upgrade a squier?

I dont think its worth it.

*Waits for jim.*
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/chhubrforteg.html
thats a good bridsge you could get.the paint would be like 50 at much, and if you get a good offer for emg's, it would cst like $100 for both. you will need to break some wood for the bridge to fit and cut your pickguard for the humbucker to fit, or buy a new pickguard
http://store.guitarfetish.com/cunehuwpifor.html
also, you could get dual singles(idk how they are called, but i mean pickups like the duncan hot rails.) they are very hot and noiseless. some reccomendayions
http://store.guitarfetish.com/lilpuxlnewfi.html
Dimarzio chopper t, tonezone t, fastrack t and super distortion t
duncan hot rails.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
^
That pickguard is cut for a control plate, though.

Are you planning to wire it like the JR Tele, or stick with the stock controls, TS?
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Mutant Corn
If the thing feels good, and you modify it to make it sound good, then I'm pretty sure it becomes a good instrument...what's the problem?

You have to mod everything.
Pickups, hardware, the wood quality is lower, ect.
Ends up costing more than a high quality guitar with all of that already done.

personally I just dont think its worth it, but thats my opinion.
If you like the way the guitar FEELS, but not the way it SOUNDS, then it is definitely worth it and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

If you don't like the way it feels or plays, that is a different story. If that is the case, just use it to try new ideas on, like fret scalloping, refinishing, whatever.
Send it to me. I'll send letters with pics back everyonce in a while or after a gig.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
If it's a Squier I don't know. My Satin HSS Strat was nice but I kept wanting to tweak the fretboard. I'm used to playing my dad's '63 hardtail Strat, and have grown to like the all-maple glossy neck, but most importantly I love the thin fretwire. You don't get that with any of the new guitars, which sucks.
But if you want to get rid of it, I'll take the body. I know exactly what I want to build, I just have to build it.
The problems with what you want to do lie in the routing. You'll have to do a lot of routing, and the FR isn't going to work that great. If I was to upgrade that, I'd probably change out the single to a much better single like a hotrail, and instead of having the neck pickup the way it is, I'd rout it for a humbucker or two and make either a custom pickguard or make it so that a Deluxe Tele pickguard will fit.