If u played one that you loved fine one just like it and buy it. its worth the money when it sounds worth the money
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
explorer's rock man, go for it
Gear
Ibanez ARX100CA
Marshall MG10
weeping demon wah pedal
Boss Chorus ensemble CE-5
Distortion DS-1
Blue Jay Jr. (Acoustic)
Quote by gstacey1
If u played one that you loved fine one just like it and buy it. its worth the money when it sounds worth the money

I was going to say this.

Bear in mind if you don't buy the one that was amazing it will be hard to find another one; Gibson quality control sucks.

And could you get it in a nicer colour combination? Black on brown is nasty, replace the pickguard.
Quote by D&DLover
the good one was my friend's lol

poopy.
well obviously, there a hit and miss.
if you really want an explorer, and have the money, then get a standard.
or keep searching for a good faded one.
and epiphone is also a possibilty
Quote by stratdud39
poopy.
well obviously, there a hit and miss.
if you really want an explorer, and have the money, then get a standard.
or keep searching for a good faded one.
and epiphone is also a possibilty

you mean epiphone standard right?
since a standard gibson explorer is $1400
and there are some weird wood ones that are about a thousand
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
search for a good one. thats the importance of playing a guitar in person before buying it. another exaple of this are the MIM standard strats. i hyaveplayed some that pwn MIA strats, but some that arent much different from a squier.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Hamer?
They sell some gorgeous explorer shaped guitars.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
My local guitar center has two faded explorers and they are both meh...
might order online, but not sure
Quote by ShredGod George

weird wood? Do you mean Korina?
Quote by ShredGod George

the "weird wood ones" are Explorer Pro's, wich is basicaly an explorer with natural finishes.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Explorer-Pro-Flame-Maple-Electric-Guitar?sku=512597
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Explorer-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=512598
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by thegrungyhippie
weird wood? Do you mean Korina?

i meant the Flamed maple & explorer pro models, the maple one is natural maple, and the explorer pro is bright yellow(might be korina)
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George

wow last week i swear i saw explorer standards for $949.99.
so i'd look for used gibson explorers, whether standards or those pro ones, or a new pro one if you can afford it
I have an $800 limit
The only other one I've played was some used black explorer (standard possibly) and i didn't like it. it sounded WAY too muddy
Quote by stratdud39
wow last week i swear i saw explorer standards for $949.99

I know, I saw them for $1,049 about 2 weeks ago

is it just me or has guitar center/ gibson jacked up their prices lately?
the faded SG went from 650 to 900, and the Faded V's did the same before they were discontinued
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
I know, I saw them for $1,049 about 2 weeks ago

is it just me or has guitar center/ gibson jacked up their prices lately?
the faded SG went from 650 to 900, and the Faded V's did the same before they were discontinued

wow i didnt realized the faded sg either.
Musicians friend and guitar center work together(idk the word), and i'm suspecting musicians friend's anniversary is ending soon, and i heard there was some sort of sale for the whole year.
Quote by stratdud39
wow i didnt realized the faded sg either.
Musicians friend and guitar center work together(idk the word), and i'm suspecting musicians friend's anniversary is ending soon, and i heard there was some sort of sale for the whole year.

the word is that GC owns Musiciansfriend,
I figured it was just going up from best buy buying guitarcenter
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Guitar Center does own Mucician's Friend but Best Buy does not own Guitar Center.

why is musicians friend cheaper sometimes
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
This is from Wikipedia.

In 2000, Guitar Center purchased mail order and Internet retail house Musician's Friend for $50 million, further consolidating its dominance over the sector, although Musician's Friend remains a wholly independent subsidiary.

If you want to read more about Guitar Center here's a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Center
one came home with me yesterday. GC had a weekend sale, 499 with case. enough to twist my arm.
Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special
Fender Blues Jr
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
Quote by D&DLover

I played one that was amazing. I loved it right away. I also played one that was pretty meh. Anyone owned or played one? Is it worth the money?

i haven't tried the faded explorer, but that was the problem with the other fadeds/specials I've tried. I've tried some nice ones, and some not so nice, the QC seems extremely variable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Fosho, Gibson QC is all over the freakin place!

Explorers are super cool, I haven't played the faded, but I've tried out a bunch of other models, my favorite was the Goth with EMGs.

If the $ is good, I say snatch it up and switch out the pickups if you don't like the sound.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by Petey D
^ Fosho, Gibson QC is all over the freakin place!

yeah, definitely, and especially on the lower models!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?