This is my first full recorded song, so go easy on me. Drums were from Guitar pro. Equipment used:

Gibson SG Faded (all parts)
Peavey Classic 30 Amp
DOD Grunge pedal
Shure SM57
M Audio Fast Track base model

and that's it. Please enjoy and comment. I WILL crit you back if you crit me (and I see you in my recent listeners

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/drewfromutah/music/all/play488598

PS: If anyone wants to add vocals and can sing like Claudio, hit me up.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Dec 14, 2008,
i thought it was pretty damn good, you do need to even out the sound a little tho, when travis's part first comes in it all kinda blended together for a second or two, try adjusting the levels.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by kaosfire
i thought it was pretty damn good, you do need to even out the sound a little tho, when travis's part first comes in it all kinda blended together for a second or two, try adjusting the levels.

I redid the lead guitar part as well as the little clean riff after the solo. I also adjusted some of the levels. Let me know what you think.

Drew
The playing itself is very nice although I have to say the Drum Track is pretty damn horrible sounding lol. The Lead/Vocal track obviously does not follow the real track but it fits pretty well and is probably needed to spice up an entirely rhythm based track like Feathers. Overall I'll give it a 7.5/10 with an upgrade to 8+ if you had a better drum loop ;o.
Very Nice, keep up the good work
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by HappyGilmore899
The playing itself is very nice although I have to say the Drum Track is pretty damn horrible sounding lol. The Lead/Vocal track obviously does not follow the real track but it fits pretty well and is probably needed to spice up an entirely rhythm based track like Feathers. Overall I'll give it a 7.5/10 with an upgrade to 8+ if you had a better drum loop ;o.

Thank you for being honest. I used a drum track from Guitar Pro so naturally it sounds awful. Luckily I still have the .AUP file so if I ever find a drummer, or get some drums, I'll just replace it. I did feel the need to vary the outro and increase the lead guitar in the chorus slightly since I can't sing.
Nice job man! Altough the drums did sound horrible the playing was pretty good. On the intro you could use some delay like on the original version but that's my only complaint.
Due to excessive heckling, I replaced the drums. I just went into guitar pro and changed it to RSE and made it 75% human. I think it sounds as good as it will get without a real drumset.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/drewfromutah/music/all/play488598
Last edited by drewfromutah at Dec 14, 2008,
It sounds quite a bit better but still if you were to find a decent drum track that would be ideal. One thing I noticed that I did forget to mention was that the timing seems a tad fast but you do stay "on" time throughout so its not that big of a deal especially since you werent trying to cover the actual version exactly as it is. Good job overall and I look forward to hearing some more Coheed covers of yours. BTW, Here is my cover of Neverender from wayyy back, I recorded using a crappy Logitech USB Headset Mic (one of the mics that would come with Socom for PS2 ).

http://media.putfile.com/Neverender-Cover-83
Quote by HappyGilmore899
It sounds quite a bit better but still if you were to find a decent drum track that would be ideal. One thing I noticed that I did forget to mention was that the timing seems a tad fast but you do stay "on" time throughout so its not that big of a deal especially since you werent trying to cover the actual version exactly as it is. Good job overall and I look forward to hearing some more Coheed covers of yours. BTW, Here is my cover of Neverender from wayyy back, I recorded using a crappy Logitech USB Headset Mic (one of the mics that would come with Socom for PS2 ).

http://media.putfile.com/Neverender-Cover-83

I really enjoyed it. It sounds like you played it slightly faster than C&C does so it gave it a live feeling. I'm surprised you got that tone out of that mic, it actually isn't that bad. It sounds better than my guitars through my Shure SM57!
Hey man, i checked your stuff out and comented on your profile, nice work

Thanks for the crit!
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.