It'd be like putting Johnny Rotten in a tuxedo.

And no, I don't think it can be done. I don't think there's enough space behind the bridge.
i think the bigsby is meant to flow down to the strap button, which wouldn't work on a V, as well as there being not enough room. There are other tremolo systems, vintage and modern, that would work with the V though
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
if there's a will there's a way.. it's probably just not worth it though
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
it can be done, google images is your friend.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Well, there's the Stetsbar. That's the only one I've heard of that wouldn't require major modifications, though there are probably more out there. Of course, that's assuming you have one with a stop bar rather than a through-body setup.
At my local Long and Mcquade there is such a beast; there is a metal rod across the two fins where the main body ends, so that the end of the bigsby can be on the metal rod, and the remainder is where the tune-o-matic usually is.

EDIT: I guess it was Lonnie Mack's signature guitar, because the image search looks exactly like the one in the store.
Last edited by captainoid at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by Besa-Moogie

wow it CAN be done!
looks as though they just fit it right on, but for the other type the had to put a metal bar in between.
i'd go with the first option.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=flying+v+bigsby&gbv=2

EDIT: so could i just slap one of these on ? http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Bigsby_vibrato_tailpieces/1/Bigsby_Vibrato_Tailpieces.html
a bigsby on a v? dont think so but you can still get some good trem. systems you can put on it though.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
As already stated, its very much possible. I'd like to do it one day as a "because I can" thing. Though if I was looking for something to really use, I'd get a Kahler (Because it is easier to install then a Floyd). If I was going all out, I'd get a Floyd.

Sorry, babbling! Good luck if you try it. I still want to hear a Bigsby with a load of distortion!
i personally dont understand Bigsby trems. I guess they are made for hollowbodies, but really they dont do anything that a good guitarist couldnt do with just his fingers...
yeah i agree with you liverockdie it looks...off
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
although it would deffinately take care of any headstock dive problems you're having...
theres also the vibrola style, but i don't think you can get them any more.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Quote by livrockdie
Am I the only one that thinks a bigsby on a flying v just looks wrong?

I think in any color other than white flying v's in general just look wrong, they look like they had to meet a saftey requirement or something (and no i dont like extremely pointy guitars, as you can tell by my username I am not a metalhead(though i do enjoy a bit of metal).
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
The guitarist from Across the Universe plays a V with a Bigsby I think. I'll try and find an image of this

EDIT: Best I could do, sry haha

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I Have seen it done before...(& now I'm not 100% Sure on this one, but I think the guy who plays a Flying-V with a Bigsby's name is Lonnie Mack...) but usually, you see the Gibson Flying V's If they even have a Tremolo (& the *Aforementioned* tremolo isn't a Floyd Rose or Kahler) like For Example looking at the Jimi Hendrix 1967 Flying V, or the Lenny Kravitz 1967 Flying V, those ones have the Gibson Tremolo/Vibrato/whatever you want to call it that's more often seen on Gibson SG's and is known as the Maestro and there's another one that's very similar that's called the Lyre...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
i dunno i think it looks cool.
and please don't buy from screw-mac, check ebay first, thats where i got my licensed bigsby b50 (same as ur lookign at but cheaper) for under 100 CAN.
and i personally think that bigsbys are kickass, cant wait for my build to be finished
did it on my epaphone with a roller bridge and its the cats rump!but its not e.z.if you want i can give you the low down
Quote by Rock Pig
It'd be like putting Johnny Rotten in a tuxedo.

And no, I don't think it can be done. I don't think there's enough space behind the bridge.

wrong. there are things online you can purcahse to fit a bigsby to your guitar. all depends on what you have. my neighbor is in the process of putting a bigsby on his gibson V. ive seen Gibson with them before. its nothing new. google search it. something should come up.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?

If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Besa-Moogie

This Marc Bolan had one and damn was it sexy.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33