I have a pa system with a 4 channel powered mixer and i plug my mic directly into it and my guitarists plug their guitars into amps then the pa... I cant compete with them... I have a 15w guitar amp that i tried but that creates a lot of feedback. What equipment do i need to make my voice more amplified.... and how much dollar am i looking at... Please be specific and if u can recommend a certain product... that would be spectacular...
first of all, I think you are in the wrong forum.

Second, its not really a matter of spending money. Try finding the freq that you feedback in and cut that. Also, experiement with better postioning of the speakers.

If you want to spend money look at the behringer feedback destroyer. If you have a cheap mic maybe one that is mopre unidirectional.

Most liklely find a better space to practice in.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
getting a better mic doesn't do much unless you get a REALLY REALLY good mic but that's over-expensive...i'd suggest that your guitarists just use their amps and not the PA and if they really can't mix their amps at the right volumes, then at least use their amps for a lot more of the sound and just use the PA to balance, so that their guitars dont blow away your voice off the start out of the PA.
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
You're supposed to plug your microphone directly into the mixer and have your voice come out of the PA speakers and (for yourself) monitors. If you're trying to do voice out of a guitar amp, you're not doing it correctly.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Alright first off i want to clear up...My mic is pretty good its an ev that i got for over 100 for a mic for practice.... for the last guy... i do do that but it doesnt come out loud enough... it needs more amplification because it cant compete with the guitar amps plugged into the mixer.
The mixer's meant to adjust levels. If a guitar's too loud, lower the volume and the preamp gain.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

And i would also like to know what a preamp does and if it will be helpful for what i need....
Well, it should be part of the mixer. What it does is amplify microphone signals so it's audible. Can you tell me what brand and type it is?
Quote by keiron_d

You need to ring out the room, EQ the output going to the speakers in a way that the frequencies prone to feedback are cut.
well, first dont put the guitars or anything through the p.a and put just your mic, i would suggust maybe getting a shure beta 58, its a GREAT live mic.
then play around with it, something you can try is take down your gain and then crank your volume more than your gain, this works well with the volume before gain with the sm 58 beta that it is amde around.
also position your speakers so they are infront of the amp not behind them or behind any objects including other band members.
I can't remember the formula, but move the mic about a meter back and i cuts feedback in half. Something shocking like that anyway.

Mic placement is your friend.

You could get a graphic EQ with feedback detection and cut out the frequencies that feedback.
Quote by willieturnip
I can't remember the formula, but move the mic about a meter back and i cuts feedback in half. Something shocking like that anyway.

Mic placement is your friend.

You could get a graphic EQ with feedback detection and cut out the frequencies that feedback.

that will take too long for something like this and you need expensive equipment to do it properly
Quote by convictionless
that will take too long for something like this and you need expensive equipment to do it properly

I presume your talking about the graphic eq cutting? Seeing as moving a meter or two back is easy as pie..

It's easy once you get it down. REALLY easy. It doesn't take long to get down either..