hey guys, so i want to learn all the notes (on the first 12 frets), excluding the sharps and minors, how did u learn it? I want to learn it so i can learn more theory with a bit more understanding. I understand how the letters work : A BC D EF G.
So how did u learn it to heart and how would u recommend it to me?
why are you trying to learn theory without knowing sharps and flats? there's 12 notes and they keep repeating all over the neck. it starts with the open string note and you just keep going up by a half step.
Quote by adlix
hey guys, so i want to learn all the notes (on the first 12 frets), excluding the sharps and minors, how did u learn it? I want to learn it so i can learn more theory with a bit more understanding. I understand how the letters work : A BC D EF G.
So how did u learn it to heart and how would u recommend it to me?

well I memorized it passively, but there are some cool computer programs/games that quiz you on note locations, i think one of them is called "fretboard master" or something, google it and check it out, you'll know where to find certain notes, and you'll figure out where the sharps/flats are
Last edited by silvadolla at Dec 8, 2008,
The only way to memorize and internalize this stuff is do do excersices and recite note names as you do them. Its boring, but when it comes to theory and memorization there arent really shortcuts