Page 1 of 2
what do you guys recommend for tones like as i lay dying august burns red, up to death metal tones like black delilah murder and such.

please no fanboy comments. so if you havent played it or heard it live dont post here i want some accurate feedback. Thanks everyone!

(btw i play gigs, but that should be a givin since im spending so much for a amp head!)
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Assuming that the 1500$ is just for the head and not a cab to, Id look at Bugera. There good for the money, I think. The Peavey Valve king is also nice.
But If I were you, Id either save up a little more and get a Mesa, or look for a used on because theyre amazing.
a used Mesa should do you good..

oh, and MG boy, you've been reported for trolling
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by newhybr1d
Assuming that the 1500$ is just for the head and not a cab to, Id look at Bugera. There good for the money, I think. The Peavey Valve king is also nice.
But If I were you, Id either save up a little more and get a Mesa, or look for a used on because theyre amazing.

For that price, he can get something good and not just good for the money.
Quote by bulletrocks522
B-52 AT-100 with any cab with V30's. :first to give serous answer:

3rd actually.
150 watt spider III
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
peavey 6505/5150, bugera 6262, used peavey ultra/xxx, used mesa dual/triple recto
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Peavey JSX.

Own one and heard it live. Absolute favorite amp, extremely versatile and has amazing tone.
Quote by mrxtreme_4
peavey 6505/5150, bugera 6262, used peavey ultra/xxx, used mesa dual/triple recto

This. Mesas would be a good choice.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
okay, so far you've had 3 serious answers.

Used Mesa Dual Rec,
Bugera (333xl/6262),
B-52 AT100 with a cab with V30's,

also, the Bugera's are based off of Peavey models, so look into Peavey 6505/5150 for death metal tones. I'm pretty sure thats what BDM plays, and I know one of the guitarist in AILD uses a Krank.

EDIT: Ugh, my post came late, sorry. But so far you've gotten some pretty serious answers.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
you might be able to swing a used krank rev for $1500
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
grab an older 2 channel mesa dual rec. they'll run you between, $1100 - $1400, but they sound better than the 3 channel heads.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Used Mesa Dual Rectifier, Used Peavey 5150/6505, Bugera 333xl/6262
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I think the Mesa is probably the reason for "try before you buy." I'd make the extra effort to check that one out..I used to hear so much raving about it, then I tried it on multiple occasions and heard it live w/o and studio touch ups and I now personally think it is the absolute worst amp in that price range.

Maybe check out a Peavey 6505 and ENGL Fireball?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by mrxtreme_4

/thread
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by mrxtreme_4

+1
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i would never recommend a rectifier for really tight ABR stuff.
They're quite loose, i don't get the hype around them, IMO the 5150 blows it away in the metal category.

I'm going to say look for Engl Fireballs/Powerballs, some used Splawns, or some VHT's (ABR uses the Deliverance 120 i believe.

But definitely try the 5150 it does brutal music so well, i had one, but i just prefer the Fireball. All preference really.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Randall RG200ES
Ampeg VH-140c
Randall Titan

Quote by imgooley
Randall RG200ES
Ampeg VH-140c
Randall Titan

hell you might be able to by all three of those for under 1500
then run them all at the same time for some Brootulz metal, SS style.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Engl Screamer Combo
Used Krank Rev
Used VHT Deliverance
Used Mesa Mark IV Combo
Used Mesa Mark III Combo
Splawn Super-Comp
well today i tried the mesa duel rec solo head, peavey 6505+ and a krank rev. the mesa sounded pretty good but didnt have the gain to back it up, i checked the tubes and they seemed decent glow to them. the rev seemed to have not much distortion either. tubes pre tubes look pretty bad though so i couldnt accurately try it with even decent tubes. the peavey sounded good distortion but didnt have what i liked about the mesa tone wise. i tried a krankinstein and a mesa duel rec roadster (or.. forget exactly what its called) and they both sounded really good. the roadster sounded a LITTLE muddy though ( maybe because it was run off a 2x12 cab forgot what brand though) the krank sounded pretty tight and had some good distortion. slightly robotic gain though... im in a pickle... i couldnt really turn any amp past 3 though so i couldnt get full potential from the tubes..... any more info about amps will help thanks.. and no b-52 i have one already, i want a substantial upgrade from it.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by colin617
3rd actually.

4th
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Could try a used Peavey 5150 (of course everyone's said that already) TBDM use them and I also saw a vid where John (BDM lead guitar) used a ENGL powerball, could try one of them used. or anything engl
Maybe a Bogner Alchemist?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by The.new.guy
Next time this thought comes to mind, shoot yourself. I would never recommend an MG. Especially when he has a $1500 budget!

Dude, he was trolling.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
All of what's been said, plus:
Used Bogner Uberschall
Used Rivera Knucklehead (although one for $1500 may be a stretch).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^ you have the stretched price on the wrong head. you can get a knucklehead for about $1,100 on HC.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Yeah, I realise that. Still, they're both great high gain amps.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Randall RM50. with that budget you can get two modules, if you go used you could prolly get three, maybe even four modules! it's a sick amp, extremely versatile. i use an 'ultra' module for my modern metal tone, and it's very brutal. i haven't even used it with an OD or EQ pedal yet and it's still beautiful. of course a noisegate would be nice.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Page 1 of 2