I did this thread yesterday except I wasn't specific on features I want, so i'm trying again....

Features/characteristics

-Cool Shape(different from a strat shape)
-able to play hardcore Rock
-around 600$
-nice pickups(EMG''s hopefully)
-Pickup selector(with the little joy stick type thing)
-nicely balanced
-22 frets or more
-6-12 string
-any bridge except "through the body"
-the type of pickups that don't require battaries
-MUST NOT HAVE DOTTED FRETS

there, I think this narrows my search a bit,thanks in advance UG, you guys rock

alright, thnx in advance guys
Last edited by tryhonesty at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by tryhonesty
I did this thread yesterday except I wasn't specific on features I want, so i'm trying again....

Features/characteristics

-around 600$
-nicely balanced
-22 frets or more
-6-12 string

DEAN GUITARS!!!!!!!!

http://deanguitars.com/

fits practically everything

cool shapes
good pickups fro most part
most of them have dotted frets but w/e
no batteries
22 frets at least
i think some of them are set necks

VERY WELL PRICED

got my Ml '79 for $550

i recommend the Ml for a dean guitar but there are some other nice ones and even better deans.

but the Ml does'n thave dotted frets.
Wanting an inlay other than dots, you are really cutting yourself down to a small selection. Some Jacksons with Sharkfins, Ibanez with Sharktooth, and Gibsons with Bars/trapezoids are really what you're limiting yourself to. And then there is the occasional signature guitar with custom inlays, but seriously, dots aren't that bad, I happen to think they look good. And in the end, looks are important, but sound is most important.
Jackson X or Pro series guitars
get the KE3 Kelly
sickest thing alive
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by tryhonesty

Features/characteristics

-around 600$
-nicely balanced
-22 frets or more
-6-12 string

I think that this is the dumbest needs list i've ever seen. Don't be such a fag for aesthectics.

1. "cool shape" guitars that are good quality are hard to find in your price range.

2. Most retarded thing I've ever heard. WIll explain later. But you won't find any $600 dollar guitar with good pickups.

3. Those types of selectors are the worst. 3/5 way blade selectors are best.

4. "through the body" isn't a bridge. There're two bridges : Tremolo, and TOM/what have you. "through the body" is simply where the strings are held after they pass through the bridge. And it's called "Through body".

5. Talk about contradiction. EMGs require batterys, you stupid ****.

6. You can always buy very thin stickers to hide the dots, dumb****.

Jesus you're stupid. Go research more, and get better at guitar than come back here.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
I think that this is the dumbest needs list i've ever seen. Don't be such a fag for aesthectics.

1. "cool shape" guitars that are good quality are hard to find in your price range.

2. Most retarded thing I've ever heard. WIll explain later. But you won't find any $600 dollar guitar with good pickups.

4. "through the body" isn't a bridge. There're two bridges : Tremolo, and TOM/what have you. "through the body" is simply where the strings are held after they pass through the bridge. And it's called "Through body".

Jesus you're stupid. Go research more, and get better at guitar than come back here.

be nice

and i stick with dean to fit his "wants"
Quote by Deanwings79
be nice

and i stick with dean to fit his "wants"

Regardless, he's still a dumbass.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K

Im seriously considering reporting you for flaming
and remember, you arent in the pit, it wont fly here
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
Im seriously considering reporting you for flaming
and remember, you arent in the pit, it wont fly here

hes just stating his opinion. no need to be a ****
you fail miserably TS
i say everything V.U.K. says except much nicer, as if coming from a preschool teacher.
EDIT: except for the there are no good pups in that price range.
thats just not true, for an example, RR3
Quote by V.U.K
Regardless, he's still a dumbass.

VUK, go back to the pit, your sh*t wont be appreciated here. So what if TS isn't as knowledgeable as you? Everyone here was there at one point. And TS, I would recommend a Les Paul, or maybe some sort of Jackson, with EMG's(if you dont mind as much about active(battery powered) pickups) or Seymour Duncans.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by skaterkevin87
VUK, go back to the pit, your sh*t wont be appreciated here. So what if TS isn't as knowledgeable as you? Everyone here was there at one point. And TS, I would recommend a Les Paul, or maybe some sort of Jackson, with EMG's(if you dont mind as much about active(battery powered) pickups) or Seymour Duncans.

he might be on to somethin

although this one is expensive
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Zakk-Wylde-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-BullsEye?sku=518358
zakk wylde ftw
Quote by skaterkevin87

The body has to be a 'cool shape'

He won't find anything in his range, except maybe a POS low-end BC Rich.

There is no jackson for him, because the WRMG requires batteries, the RR is out of his pricerange + has bad stock pickups and the KE3 has duncan designed pickups, which means they aren't actual duncans. The rest are all strat shapes, or have Dot Inlays.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Last edited by V.U.K at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by seankellyultgtr

Body isn't cool enough.

Besides, the pickups in that thing sound like a dog with it's noodley appendage stuck in a vaccuum.

Zakk Wylde isn't that great, anways. He only plays boxed pentatonics..
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

^ Every time I see a perfectly good Les Paul ruined with EMGs my soul dies a little inside.

I would recommend a hardtail Ibanez or Jackson for TS - affordable, useable, and easily upgraded if need be.
no
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=512230

That does it I guess. But limiting your choices by inlays is just stupid. Your specs are just ridiculous.
Quote by bucky_2300
^ Every time I see a perfectly good Les Paul ruined with EMGs my soul dies a little inside.

I would recommend a hardtail Ibanez or Jackson for TS - affordable, useable, and easily upgraded if need be.

Agreed with the LP comment.

Ibanez and Jacksons only make thru-body stringed hardtails, so OP would refuse.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Quote by V.U.K
Body isn't cool enough.

Besides, the pickups in that thing sound like a dog with it's noodley appendage stuck in a vaccuum.

Zakk Wylde isn't that great, anways. He only plays boxed pentatonics..

You know nothing, he can easily swap out the EMG's for other pickups... And a Les Paul body is pretty spiffy IMHO, he only asked for a non-strat looking body, wich cancells out most Schecters and some Jacksons, wich are pretty nice.

And VUK, there's nothing wrong with those pickups if he's a tone/gain *****. If he plays blues/jazz, that's a different story.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by skaterkevin87
You know nothing, he can easily swap out the EMG's for other pickups... And a Les Paul body is pretty spiffy IMHO, he only asked for a non-strat looking body, wich cancells out most Schecters and some Jacksons, wich are pretty nice.

And VUK, there's nothing wrong with those pickups if he's a tone/gain *****. If he plays blues/jazz, that's a different story.

They're passive EMGs. There definately is something wrong with that.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

You can do what i did get yourself a 400-500ish guitar and buy yourself your pref pickups (I used my Ibanez Rg and replaced the pickups with duncan jazz and tb4)