Page 1 of 3
while I was Sitting in class today, staring off into space while my teacher talked about transportation during Geography, I thought, you know what,I am bringing my guitar tomorrow. so is there any songs I should learn last minute that'll impress people.and what do you do if people start mobbing you while your playing?

I am good in where I live but here on UG, I am classified as an intermediate player, becuase I can play any songs that say Intermediate Difficulty, so good and reletivly easy songs would do the trick
you sound like the kind of person I hate.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
american idiot

the chicks will love it
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
i always disliked people that brought their guitar to school. i knew they only did it for attention, and it was annoying.

but good luck. play something like Blackbird by the Beatles. its easy and sounds pretty cool.
Quote by daytripper75
i always disliked people that brought their guitar to school. i knew they only did it for attention, and it was annoying.

This. Please don't bring it to school. You'll look like an idiot.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by metaldud536
Man you sound so lame.

Took the words straight from my mout... keyboard.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
How about you write a paper on what you discussed in Geography instead?
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
around here, we call guys like that chordsharks,
because they sit out front and play 3 chords on
an acoustic and girls flock to them like they're f*cking jimmy page
theres like 10 people tht do that at my school

i'll add an exception, a friend of mine last year would never have lunch money, so he'd bring his acoustic and sit next to the lunch line and take requests, then get food with the money and go somewhere and play
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Last edited by ShredGod George at Dec 8, 2008,
haha i remember one of my friends brought his guitar to school and everyone was like "whoah" when he played raining blood after people asked him, and then he started doing like a bunch of shredding improvisation, stuff that included some pretty damn good sweep picking, but none of the kids where impressed by it. haha the only reason they knew about raining blood was guitar hero, tisk tisk. people are idiots.

edit: i know no one knows that friend of mine but i dont want him to seem like a douche, so let me make it clear that the guitar wasnt his, but another kids, who in fact is one of those douche bags who tries to look cool by carrying a guitar around. my friend only played because of the requests of others.
Last edited by CicatrizESP at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by dubstar92

+1, dont be a doucher
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Bringing a guitar to impress people... you should give up the guitar right now. Seriously. If that's why you want to bring it, you will make a lot of enemies.

The only reason I would bring my guitar to school is to practice during the day because I had hours of break time and it was spent practicing or learning stuff from other guitarists there.

Song to learn? How about Suicide is Painless (MASH theme). And then take it as some advice maybe... because you shouldn't learn music to "Show off." Its an art, its fun, its you, not "Hea look I'm cool." Seriously.
play with ur dick, that will impress the girls and possibly some guys too
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
Ya I'm bringing my guitar into school on thursday, but that's for a speech. I also don't aim to impress anyone. for your case, i agree with majority of the people above.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Stairway.

Feels good man.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by ShredGod George

i'll add an exception, a friend of mine last year would never have lunch money, so he'd bring his acoustic and sit next to the lunch line and take requests, then get food with the money and go somewhere and play

now that is a smart man... don't use it to impress, use it to get lunch money when your broke
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Don't bring your guitar to school to impress people.If it's a gibson,fender or other high end brand you will look like a poser.Likewise squier will do the same.For some reason only the mid range guitar won't make you look like a poser.
Btw I took my guitar to school the other day because I was going to a friends house after school for practice and had a gig the next day.I got kinda distracted from my school work cos I kept on thinkng 'has it been stolen? has someone knocked it over?'
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by dubstar92

same.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by ShredGod George

See, that's smart. That's prostituting for a worthy purpose (Yeah I know its an oxymoron but it sounds funnier). Seriously, whenever a bunch of us guitarists bring it its to show each other what we can do and we learn off of each other. We all play different things. I know mostly chords from acoustic and they know mostly riffs and stuff from playing electric. I bring my acoustic and teach them stuff, and I learn other things off of them. Its not "I'm better" or "Look at how cool I am." Its like "Here I'll teach you this" and "I'll teach you that" so we all get better and increase our skill.

You had best reconsider why your bringing it.
I suggest don't.

If you do, play it in private. People WILL think you're a prick/poser.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
black dog wait no...
stairway...yes
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
go ahead take it
but play whatever you like to play
just don't act like an over pretentious asshole
i remember that me and my friend bought our guitar so we could just jam with each other at lunch cuzz we couldn't find some other time to
Dick+strings= owww
Play Black in Black, Enter Sandman, and oh, definately Smoke on the Water

but only play the riffs
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
only play the riffs? as opposed to....
Quote by Mr.Pink101
I saw a bumper sticker in a guitar store that read
"Like all musicians, Your Following the Bassist"
I lol'd

Quote by muhat gandy
It was a weird feeling cumming to someone being ripped apart...
play this everyone will think you're super awesome
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92

... wouldve liked to have gone without seeing that.....
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by dubstar92

what the hell was that supposed to be?

that was like an assault on my eardrums
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Quote by tryhonesty
while I was Sitting in class today, staring off into space while my teacher talked about transportation during Geography, I thought, you know what,I am bringing my guitar tomorrow. so is there any songs I should learn last minute that'll impress people.and what do you do if people start mobbing you while your playing?

I am good in where I live but here on UG, I am classified as an intermediate player, becuase I can play any songs that say Intermediate Difficulty, so good and reletivly easy songs would do the trick

ummmmm if you are trying to get girls and impress people because you have no other friends, learn poopular songs that for some reason drive preps nuts (wonderwall, creep, etc...)

otherwise just play what you feel like

are you bringing electric or acoustic
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by dubstar92

wtf... sounds like yoko ono singing to blink 182

nice job dubstar now i have to beat my future children for what you ahve showed me
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by keithmoon15
wtf... sounds like yoko ono singing to blink 182

nice job dubstar now i have to beat my future children for what you ahve showed me

I have that effect on people
grok it.

SKREAM!

You really shouldn't play to impress people. Play because you enjoy playing, not just because you want to score with girls and look cool.
Not only that, but you'll look like an idiot if you don't have a real reason to bring it to school.
thanks asswipe, people like you make me look stupid. i have guitar lessons after school so in the morning i bring my guitar in the band room, leave it in the instrument room (locked), and pick it up on the way out of school, i never take it out of the case but people still give me weird looks and talk **** about me for it.

thanks
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
the only time i'd bring my guitar to school was for practice after school or to teach at lunch - you seem like you're into guitar for the wrong reasons pal
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
This. Please don't bring it to school. You'll look like an idiot.

Tell that to Slash.

Sophmore through senior year Slash failed for skipping class. You know why? everyday all day he would be playing guitar under the bleachers in the gym.

Of course he wasnt trying to impress anyone. you sir...

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

ya fieyad

Btw i bring my guitar to school sometimes, just to jam during lunch. i dont sit there plaing what people wanna here. I just have fun with it. Eventually a group of people form around look over, call you a poser, say it isnt gonna get you chicks. I just ignore them and keep playing.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Last edited by BelowZero at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by conor1148
thanks asswipe, people like you make me look stupid. i have guitar lessons after school so in the morning i bring my guitar in the band room, leave it in the instrument room (locked), and pick it up on the way out of school, i never take it out of the case but people still give me weird looks and talk **** about me for it.

thanks

So basically kids are treating you like **** because you play guitar?

wat
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Page 1 of 3