Page 1 of 3
So I'm walking down the hall today to go to my locker. I'm just talking to my friend and I turn around to say goodbye to her and I notice this kid we call "Anti-social Alex". Obviously he's really quiet and he plays guitar and listens to stuff like cannibal corpse. Im actually getting into cannibal corpse myself, and I tried talking to him cause I thought we'd have some stuff in common but he wasnt going for it at all. So i just let him be....like everyone else does. But today I noticed the ace bandage on his arm was off. He'd been wearing it for a few days and when people asked him about it he said he didn't want to talk about it. So as you've probably guessed I happen to glace down at his arm only to see these big red cuts all the way up to the middle of his forearm. There was about 6 or 7 of them and they looked kinda painful. It's really none of my business and even though I'm not into that kinda stuff, I know how suckish life can be. I really shouldn't but into this kids life.....but if he acidentally (or purposefully for that matter) kills himself.....I'm gonna feel horrible. What should I do??? Should I tell a teacher or something.....I really feel bad. HELP!!??!?!?

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
it's hard to try talking to him about it, maybe search through other kids for rumors about him or something so you can get a better understanding.

maybe it's home life too

if it's based on rumors then you can't really do anything

if it's based on home life theres someone called a guidance counselor.
In my opinion, anyone who cuts themselves, isn't worth my concern.

Note the IN MY OPINION.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Tell his Daddy what he's doing, he'll set him straight. Tell the guidance counselor or you may actually want to tell his parents and get him looked at by professionals.
dude do something the same thing happened to me last year and the kid ended up killing himself. its not worth it to stand by especially if you feel bad
not much you can do
if you tried talking to him and it didn't work, you really can't do much
you could tell someone, but if I did that, I'd be afraid he'd get more depressed/angry/whatever
talk to a coucellor
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
**** i think i know this kid. What school do you go to?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
There's no situation in anyone's life, EVER, no matter what it is, that gives excuse for cutting.

Awesome music taste aside, let the little shit die.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
**** i think i know this kid. What school do you go to?

I go to school at a small catholic school in akron. It's only like 700 kids.

AK-ROWDY
Holy wall of text, Popeman.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by musicjunkie207
I go to school at a small catholic school in akron. It's only like 700 kids.

ah nope. close though. im in suburbal cleveland.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
The same thing happened to a guy I knew. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Hey Jeremy, I noticed a large cut on your forearm. What's up?"

Jeremy: "You know man....I just don't know. I guess I don't really feel appreciated."

Me: "Tell me about it, what's on your mind?"

Jeremy: *sigh* "Well, I don't feel like anyone ever hangs out with me just to spend time with me. It's like they always want something."

Me: "That's tough."

Jeremy: "Yeah, it was sort of stupid to cut my arm over it, but I felt so helpless at the time."

Me: "You just need to find yourself and be comfortable without the acknowledgment of others. It will only bring you down."

Jeremy: "What do I have to do to find that out?"

I reached into my bag and brought out a Bible. I opened it to Psalms 8:14 and passed it to him.

Psalms 8:14

And sayeth he to the passing Ephesian carrying vases,

"Use the searchbar."
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by andy_thomas

Note the IN MY OPINION.

In my opinion, this makes you a fucking dick.

Quote by YourDad
There's no situation in anyone's life, EVER, no matter what it is, that gives excuse for cutting.

Awesome music taste aside, let the little shit die.

You too.

I'll give you a tip. Most cutters don't do it for attention. Cutting releases Endorphins in the brain, which is a chemical that makes you feel good.

When they say cutting makes you feel good, they aren't lying.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Tell a counselor at your school. If this kid ends up killing himself-you may always wonder well what if I could have done something? Sure he's probably just cutting like a lot of other people do and aren't serious about it-but some people are. That's why you should take every situation such as this.

And for the people saying **** him let him die-what if it you have a family member like this one day? It's kind of pathetic to have to talk **** about people like this you don't even know in real life, and post it on a message board, hidden behind the privacy your computer screens. Yeah you guys are bad-asses alright.
Quote by SonataFanica

Jeremy: "You know man....I just don't know. I guess I don't really feel appreciated."

Jeremy: *sigh* "Well, I don't feel like anyone ever hangs out with me just to spend time with me. It's like they always want something."

Jeremy: "Yeah, it was sort of stupid to cut my arm over it, but I felt so helpless at the time."

Me: "You just need to find yourself and be comfortable without the acknowledgment of others. It will only bring you down."

I reached into my bag and brought out a Bible. I opened it to Psalms 8:14 and passed it to him.

"Use the searchbar."

this is win in its purest form.
good job
you just lost the game
Quote by andy_thomas

Note the IN MY OPINION.

Your opinion is really shallow.
You really should tell someone. I used to do that ****. As much as it will piss him off it is the right thing. Trust me. I am much happier that I got some help back then.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by SonataFanica

"Use the searchbar."

Too bad there is no such thing as Psalm 8:14, it stops at 9.

And you should really try talking to him more, since you know he plays guitar, maybe invite him over and jam? Just be friendly andnot too pushy, then later if he's still weird talk to him about it,...just befriend him first.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by FifthHorsemen

And for the people saying **** him let him die-what if it you have a family member like this one day? It's kind of pathetic to have to talk **** about people like this you don't even know in real life, and post it on a message board, hidden behind the privacy your computer screens. Yeah you guys are bad-asses alright.

I have a family member and a friend who does it. I still feel for him as a friend, but no situation calls for it, and I have no sympathy. As for the family member...well he hates everyone and has tried to sabotage me a lot. Biased, I know, but I just don't want to help him.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']
You too.

I'll give you a tip. Most cutters don't do it for attention. Cutting releases Endorphins in the brain, which is a chemical that makes you feel good.

Explain how please, I wanna know how physical pain does this.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Dec 8, 2008,
speak to you tutor or school shrink - then you have done something proactive, and when he goes postal and turns up to school looking like Arnie in commando you can be the guy who says "yeah, I was worried about him and told my teacher but they didn't give a sh*t

Invite him for a jam, but be prepared for him to be a bit sick and twisted and strange.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Too bad there is no such thing as Psalm 8:14, it stops at 9.

Owned.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']In my opinion, this makes you a fucking dick.

You too.

true, but not exactly. most cutters do do it for attention. i learned about this in bio. you have to get FUKCING DEEP before you get any real rush. i mean like literally cutting every single layer of skin and start cutting a important tissue and nerves before your body gives you the high, which any cutter VERY rarely does that i've seen. or at least at my school, where about 10 ppl have cut themselves yet each just a little slice. you need a solid 3 8's of an inch in before the endorphins start to overcome the pain with a high.
Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish.
have you ever noticed that calling him "Anti-social Alex" may, just may, not be making the things better?
Quote by YourDad
Explain how please, I wanna know how physical pain does this.

Endorphins are released whenever pain is inflicted upon your body. They numb the pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphin
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Dec 8, 2008,
Talk to him, tell him you think that he's cool and you'd like to hang out with him sometime.

I think people like that don't want to be noticed, but once you make it clear that you reckon he could be a decent guy maybe he'll feel better about himself.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

have you ever noticed that calling him "Anti-social Alex" may, just may, not be making the things better?

lol, we don't call him that to his face. He's not really made fun of or anything....he's just kind of......slipped through the cracks. It's not like people try to ignore him it's just that he never talks. When he ocassionally does say something it's usually pretty funny......when he talks, we jump.

AK-ROWDY
Quote by musicjunkie207
lol, we don't call him that to his face.

Because saying it behind his back is so much better...
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by caskettheclown
this is win in its purest form.
good job
you just lost the game

im guessing that last one is a reference to the spin the bottle joke?
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
Because saying it behind his back is so much better...

hey, im the good guy here. Nobody else is even remotely concerned about this kid and im kind freaking out over it.

AK-ROWDY
Quote by SonataFanica

"Use the searchbar."

I'd sig it if it weren't so large. Would you mind me taking the last bit?
Last edited by CaptainRon at Dec 8, 2008,
just talk to him about Cannibal Corpse, thats how i sort of got in with the kids who wear all black in my school, ireally liked slayer, they really liked slayer and maiden, so we talked about that stuff and i learned that they were totally different people then most peopel thought of them.

just talking to him might show him someone cares and he might at least feel a bit better
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Your friend definately has one of those personnality disorders:
- Schizoid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
- Avoidant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality_disorder
- Borderline http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder
- Histrionic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

Or a mix of 2/more of those.
From my perspective, his nickname is bullsh*t
And still from my perspective, he's Borderline-Avoidant.(Though I'm no pro)
Get him to see a psychologist.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by SonataFanica

"Use the searchbar."

haha

Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Page 1 of 3