ok, i'm an idiot...i plugged my headphones into my line out of my jsx head, and i messed something up...i have to pluck the strings harder to get sound, and there is like no sustain....the headphones were only plugged in for about 5 minutes or so, so there isnt major damage....but what do you think happened to it?
No offence man, but 5 minutes is more than long enough to cause 'major damage'.

Edit: Having said that, I can't think what problems using the line-out would have caused :\

Oh, and check your tubes.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by Invader Jim
I remember seeing a thread with the exact same word-for-word OP.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012494

LAWL.

He came onto UG for advice, was told NOT to do it, then did it anyway, and now he's back needing help to fix his f*cked amp.

Edit: And a nice, expensive amp to do it with.

LAWL X2.

Seriously though, check your tubes.

Edit 2: And tell me you had the cab still connected when you tried your headphones? Running a tube amp with zero load is a bit, stupid.
thats why u dont use headphones with a jsx

btw....?)
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
His original post had stated he had already tried the headphones at that point. So now its time to try to figure out whats screwed up. If you have some tubes you can try that if not time to take it to a shop. Its doubtful theres anything inside your gonna be able to fix yourself.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by -MintSauce-
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012494

LAWL.

He came onto UG for advice, was told NOT to do it, then did it anyway, and now he's back needing help to fix his f*cked amp.

Edit: And a nice, expensive amp to do it with.

LAWL X2.

Seriously though, check your tubes.

Edit 2: And tell me you had the cab still connected when you tried your headphones? Running a tube amp with zero load is a bit, stupid.

actually man, i did it first , then asked for advice but didnt realize that it caused any damage...you don't need to be an asshole, i know i ****ed up...i don't need insults, just advice maybe on what i can do, or if you guys know of what kind of stores do repairs
looks like i'm gonna have to take it to the shop.

By the way, if somebody makes a mistake you don't have to rub it in their face, you think that its making me feel any better?

Thank you tackleberry
Quote by FrankieSpankie
looks like i'm gonna have to take it to the shop.

By the way, if somebody makes a mistake you don't have to rub it in their face, you think that its making me feel any better?

Thank you tackleberry

All they were saying really is that you were advised not to do something and you went ahead and did it anyway.

Thats like someone telling me not to drink and drive cause I could die then I just go out and do it anyways it makes no sense really

If this is a flame I apologize to any mods or admins but I didnt mean it that way if it came off that way.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
This is the important question, when you were listening with headphones did you run the amp without having speakers connected?

THAT is something that will cause major, ruinous replace all the power tubes and/or output transformer and/or tube sockets and/or printed circuit board kind of damage. Running a tube amp without speakers or other appropriate load will destroy it.
Quote by FrankieSpankie
actually man, i did it first , then asked for advice but didnt realize that it caused any damage...you don't need to be an asshole, i know i ****ed up...i don't need insults, just advice maybe on what i can do, or if you guys know of what kind of stores do repairs

And I offered some advice:

"Seriously though, check your tubes.

Edit 2: And tell me you had the cab still connected when you tried your headphones? Running a tube amp with zero load is a bit, stupid."

Have you checked your tubes, and was the cab connected when you plugged the headphones in?

Also, what's the point in us giving advice if you're probably going to ignore it anyway? That just shows how much you value the input of UG.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
All they were saying really is that you were advised not to do something and you went ahead and did it anyway.

Thats like someone telling me not to drink and drive cause I could die then I just go out and do it anyways it makes no sense really

If this is a flame I apologize to any mods or admins but I didnt mean it that way if it came off that way.

you're right, they were saying that i was advised to not do something and i did it anyways...but the thing you arent understanding, if you read my first post is that i already plugged my headphones in before i made my first post.

I'm not ignoring your advice, I wouldnt have come here if i was going to ignore your advice.
Last edited by FrankieSpankie at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by Invader Jim
How was that a thread pillage?

cause it was random and useless.....then again....that was abuse of the symbol...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by FrankieSpankie
you're right, they were saying that i was advised to not do something and i did it anyways...but the thing you arent understanding, if you read my first post is that i already plugged my headphones in before i made my first post.

I'm not ignoring your advice, I wouldnt have come here if i was going to ignore your advice.

SO... have you checked your tubes, and was your cab still connected whilst you had the headphones in?