Hey

Ive got an old strat clone kicking about and i was wondering if any of you has had experience of upgrading single coil guitars. Ive upgraded most of mine but this is a little different, its similar to that of a pacifica maybe a squier. I have a feeling the body is maple.. maybe ash if im lucky

Im planning of putting in stock fender parts eg vintage bridge and locking machine heads, and then sticking in CTS pots, spragues and a matched set of seymour duncan antiquities...

however the cost of that is similar to that of a fender 50s strat
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/...atocaster/1041
i think thats mexican, obviously antiquities in there would be awesome but atm i dont have the money

Assuming the neck and setup on both is as should be.
Any ideas which one would be better for the money?
Do NOT upgrade. Absolutely not.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I'd do it if you enjoy the feel of the guitar. If not you could just buy the '50s Fender Strat and keep it as a beater - i.e. something to take places you'd rather not take your Fender.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was thinking of getting a unique paint job, but if the sound is going to be crap i dont see the point, what do you think the 50s strat will be like with antiquities? is the hardware pretty good on that guitar?

I have a les paul and an ibanez and im looking for a good single coiled guitar.. but ive not got that much money.

Why so certain about "Do NOT upgrade. Absolutely not." cliff.. who is speaking beyond the grave?