Until now, the only effect I have ever used on my guitar is a wah pedal. For Christmas, I'm getting an MXR Super Comp compressor and an ISP Decimator noise reducer. Now, I've never used either of these types of effects. My question is this: How should I set them up on my amp? Should I use the effects loop? What order should they be in?

Thanks for any help.
It depends on what your wanting you ISP to do as to where you whould put it.
If your wanting to preamp hum and crackle the it should go in your FX loop but if your wanting to eliminate feedback set it up before your compressor.

The compressor should go first, right after your guitar.
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Quote by AdRev
It depends on what your wanting you ISP to do as to where you whould put it.
If your wanting to preamp hum and crackle the it should go in your FX loop but if your wanting to eliminate feedback set it up before your compressor.

The compressor should go first, right after your guitar.

I'm planning on using the ISP to get rid of white noise and any extra noise added from the compressor.
Then it sounds like it should be Guitar > comp > ISP > Amp

XD
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Just why would you want these things if you never used any ?

By the way, for the price of both pedals you could get simply a better compressor, I'm sure any day of the week that eventually a boss pedal will find its way into your rig (at least the chorus is decently useable, among a few others), these boss pedals have one good point: they can serve as buffers even if you don't use them often, my delay is put to use like 1 hour for each 100, but its buffering trait is what's keeping me from selling it.

What I wanted to say is taht with a better comp you'll have much less of the undesirable side-effects, and if you still want to reduce the noise kill two stones with one bird by getting a useable pedal that's buffering the signal.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth