I smoke copious amounts of marijuana, and in my misadventures with this amazing plant I have, on many an occasion, used it to gain certain things. I've smoked people down or thrown them a bowl for rides, food, drink, and a whole host of other objects and things one could normally purchase with hard currency. So, and this question has nagged me for awhile, would it thusly count as a currency, or am I just bartering one object for another?
You're bartering for a service, if I'm not mistaken.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
bartering, I think currency is a government endorsed standard as opposed to some product that people will trade for

could be wrong
Emboss icons of your face onto the dimebags, then it will be currency.

EDIT: Aw, dammit.
Last edited by LordBishek at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by priest.fan.
bartering, I think currency is a government endorsed standard as opposed to some product that people will trade for

could be wrong

See that's what I thought at first, but then I find my self consciously exchanging a certain amount of pot for its equivalent cash value in other objects. Say, a bowl (5 dollars) for a friend's uneaten Quiznos sub.
All currency is is something that is widely accepted as a common means for trading goods or services. So in this case, yes, weed is a currency amongst you and your peers.
Way back in the good ole days before the propaganda about weed started, they actually used to use hemp as currency, I believe.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join