So whats a good Overdrive pedal to use with a Blues Jr.? See I really cant turn it up too high. I play classic rock (Zeppelin, Stones Sabbath) I also play some GNR and ACDC. I was thinkin like a bad monkey blues driver or tubescreamer. If you have any cheaper options thats okay too. So thanks for the help.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Really? no one?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
well sometimes it takes longer than 15 mins...

if you hardly ever crank it, then an od isnt going to get you ACDC tones anyway.

you need some sort of heavier distortion.
jekyl n hyde, rat, something like that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^Wrong. I can get decent AC/DC tones out of my rig, and Angus himself has said he doesn't use heavy gain.

@TS; I run my tubescreamer into mine. Sounds pretty. If your playing a strat, hit my profile for some clips of how it'll sound. I'd dpersonally stay away from the bad monkey; I tried one and hated it. >< Get a Boss SD-1 if your poor and need overdrive.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
a jekyll & hyde would work if you want some overdrive or heavier tones for distortion
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by necrosis1193
^Wrong. I can get decent AC/DC tones out of my rig, and Angus himself has said he doesn't use heavy gain.

@TS; I run my tubescreamer into mine. Sounds pretty. If your playing a strat, hit my profile for some clips of how it'll sound. I'd dpersonally stay away from the bad monkey; I tried one and hated it. >< Get a Boss SD-1 if your poor and need overdrive.

for 45$ the Bad Monkey is awesome, and as far as the SD-1 is concerned i hated it. So TS, go to your local music store and A/B them, find what YOU like
Quote by jj1565
well sometimes it takes longer than 15 mins...

if you hardly ever crank it, then an od isnt going to get you ACDC tones anyway.

you need some sort of heavier distortion.
jekyl n hyde, rat, something like that.

I wouldn't recommend the ProCo Rat as its now total crap quality wise. If you can find a good used one then go for it but not a current model.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by necrosis1193

Exactly why the above poster is NOT wrong. Angus has said himself that he doesn't use heavy gain...because he CRANKS IT. It's all volume (and therefore power tube overdrive). That's why an OD pedal isn't going to get a similar sound.

Anyway, just get a Boss DS-1 and SD-1 and you'll be covered for most of the stuff you do. You can even combine 'em for more fun sounds. The DS-1 has a very unique sound when run into a Fender tube amp, and I love it. Give it a shot in a store if you can.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Sid I run almost the same setup, DS-1 into a Champ 600 just use different guitar of course. Its actually a pretty good sound I never understood why people bitch about the DS-1 so much. Its a simple distortion pedal, for $40, it distorts your signal and has 3 knobs. Get over it.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by necrosis1193

oh really does angus turn up his amp? does he use a Bjr? does slash?
cause this guy is using a Blues junior at low volumes.

and to the other guy, i actually meant one of the vintage ones, if you can find it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
tubescreamer give great tones, but its more srvish, not guns n roses...either way youre gonna need something with a little more gain to really get a nice distortion...they suggested me on here a mi audio crunchbox, havent tried it yet though
Edit: please dont get the boss ds-1, i have one from a long time ago and used it in my blues jr....it sounds like a harsh mess and noisy as ****
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
No pedals.

Seriously, on the Blues junior, Crank the volume to max, hit the fat switch, and adjust the Master Volume to your liking.

All natural distortion that sounds awesome.
Quote by nemjeff13
please dont get the boss ds-1, i have one from a long time ago and used it in my blues jr....it sounds like a harsh mess and noisy as ****

I agree, they sound dated.