Has anyone tried forming a band, but had one position that's pissed you off, because no one can do it? For my band, although we've had trouble because our drummer is too lazy to show up to practice, but mainly, we haven't found a singer yet... there's a hundred guitarists in our school (although only 3 or 4 good ones, 2 of which are in our band), there's one other bass player (who sucks), and a few other drummers, but no ones sings. Anyone else has this problem?
I got it pretty bad. I can't find a bassist, a drummer or another guitarist. I'll probably be stuck with singing and lead.
yup. but i know someone who is outgoing enough to actually step up to the mike so its ok.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I can never find a drummer. I've been searching for at least a year. I've looked everywhere they hang out too. Chuck-E-Cheese, the special ed room, even in lockers but one can't be found. At least they make machines for that...
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Ive found people who can play bass, but i have yet to find someone who actually wants to play it in a band. Everyone always wants to play guitar.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
I get taken into bands then kicked out cause I'm not good enough, but I understand cause I'm a noob.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by jxmxaxn
Ive found people who can play bass, but i have yet to find someone who actually wants to play it in a band. Everyone always wants to play guitar.

I would
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
Well I've found all the above (I do the singing) but KEEPING a drummer is always the hardest. We went through 3 drummers within a 6 month time span. I just lost an amazing bassist unfortunately, and not many people are true bassists like he was, so thats gonna b a hard position to fill. Guitarist grow on trees, but finding a good creative one is equally as difficult.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

we need my friend as the drummer but he is also a good guitarist and we cant find
another
Quote by slaveofsatan
I get taken into bands then kicked out cause I'm not good enough, but I understand cause I'm a noob.

I hear you brother, i hear you
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
The Singer and Rhythm guitar is never an issue, because I do both, and I always have either a drummer or a bassist because my buddy's really good at both. We just found a really good lead player, but its getting a bassist which is hard.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Well, i've been trying to find Waldo for my band...

That bitch is tricky

EDIT: Dammit, beaten to the punch!
i have a pretty good singer, the bassist is a pretty good one but the drummer sucked and i couldnt fire him cause if i fired him the singer and the 2nd guitar would leave (they are close friends). now the drummer is leaving to a far away place so im in search of a good drummer, but its been hard to find...
LESSON: never hire a close friend as bandmate, cause u wont be able to fire him or if u fire him he wont be ur friend anymore
Quote by Erik_Aero
Waldo

Does he play Electric Ukulele? Because he sounds badass.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Everyone in my school/town are too retarded too play guitar but try to anyways. Also, no one wants to play bass ... at all ... I mean there is literally no one who plays bass ... well no one good. So my band has a drummer and 2 guitars ... that's it ...
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
I guess bass maybe??

I live in the middle of nowhere! you're better off than me, it took me about 2 years to find a drummer... let alone a singer
My signature has doubled...
bass, drums, vocals. Impossible in a 6000 person town to get a band together that has goals to be something bigger than a weekend bar/cover band.
Theres ALOT of guitarists, though not many good ones (I dont consider myself good enough for a band yet so no im not just being a prick)

Theres a fair amount of singers

Like no bassists or drummers

Too many damn guitarists who dont bother trying to get better
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by daryldom
Theres ALOT of guitarists, though not many good ones (I dont consider myself good enough for a band yet so no im not just being a prick)

Theres a fair amount of singers

Like no bassists or drummers

Too many damn guitarists who dont bother trying to get better

I know. The only two REALLY good guitarists in our school are in our band, and the rest of them just know a couple songs that they think make them cool, and, fairly often, suck at those too.
Drummer...can't find a serious one.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace