So my girlfriend has a bad cold right now, and I'm seeing her tomorrow and spending this weekend with her.
You may wonder why this is a big deal. See, I ship out to boot camp on Monday and I recently heard that if I show up at MEPS (processing center) with a cold I will not be able to go to training.
And if I don't go to training I'll lose my job contract and probably have to wait up to 6 months for another shot at it.
So Pit, I ask 2 things of you; what are some fool-proof ways to fend off a cold, and if the worst happens, what are some ways to cover up the fact that you have a cold (to a medical examination)?

And in case anyone asks, yes, I have to see my girlfriend before I leave. She's freaked out as it is and I can't just wall myself off as I'm gonna be gone for 2 months anyway.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Dude what branch are you going in? i dont think you'll lose your M.O.S over a stinkin' cold...

At least i dont think you can.

at the most it'll delay you're ship date like a month or so, but idk

????
My signature has doubled...
you may not catch it if your immune system is strong enough.
Get plenty of sleep and eat healthily and it will help boost your immune system
I dont know if you ever saw the movie bubble boy but....
I SAW YOUR MOMMY AND YOUR MOMMYS DEAD
get some "airbourne" not sure how they spell it..
But it works really well!
Quote by John Spartan
Dude what branch are you going in? i dont think you'll lose your M.O.S over a stinkin' cold...

At least i dont think you can.

at the most it'll delay you're ship date like a month or so, but idk

????

Navy.
Actually the losing my MOS part is speculation (and me freaking out over this). I hope you're right about the monthlong delay thing if worst comes to worst, but these guys are pretty strict! Some kid didn't ship and got delayed 6 months just cus he came to MEPS with a tiny cut on his foot that counted as an "open wound".

Quote by damian_91
Quote by ibanez41093
I dont know if you ever saw the movie bubble boy but....

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLA?!?
Vitamin C dude. Drink lots of Orange juice. They actually have vitaC supplements now.

Try to find "EmergenC"
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by Stuie801

Hmmm my girlfriend keeps saying this too. Any experience with it? Good brands to get?

Quote by damian_91
Do what i do, drink /eat 1000% of your daily vitamin C...alot easier than it seems
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Hmmm my girlfriend keeps saying this too. Any experience with it? Good brands to get?

Well it comes in tablets you can just swallow, or there is big chunky tablets that you put in hot water and drink like cider, it doenst taste all that bad either.
when i had the cold, i felt better after the first cup of it
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Navy.
Actually the losing my MOS part is speculation (and me freaking out over this). I hope you're right about the monthlong delay thing if worst comes to worst, but these guys are pretty strict! Some kid didn't ship and got delayed 6 months just cus he came to MEPS with a tiny cut on his foot that counted as an "open wound".

Dude the MEPS where i live, the girl didn't let a kid ship because he had bad breathe

But I only know a little bit about Marines and i wouldn't think you would lose your MOS over it, i've seen people get sent back and they leave the next month... but i'd call up my recruiter if i was you just to make sure you know?

And Good Luck To You Man!
My signature has doubled...
Quote by TOcheesehead
drink lots of oj, and use zicam

Quote by Stuie801

airborne doesnt work, infact the teacher got sued for it. and she had to return the profits she made.
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ