basically, tomorrow we have an audition and i was just wondering how to set up all the amps and the drum set in a way so that we would get the best sound. the stage is about 5 feet above everyone else at ground level. and does have fairly good acoustics, should we put the bass amp in front of the drums or behind? any other advice on how the amps should be set up?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
were playing some hard rock, the song were auditioning with is welcome to the jungle
we could mic everything but we were thinking not too, any advice?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
It would help if you explained the power and size of your amps. The bass amp needs to be in front of the drums. This is double so if the bass drum will be mic'ed. If your a five piece do a class rhythm guitar and bass on one side and lead on the other side of the stage. Four piece I would put the bass amp closer to the center so it mixes with you.
its a 5 piece and thew guitar amps are a 100 watt valve state marshal and a 100 watt fender, for the bass amp were having a problem because our bassists is broken and all he has is a small practise amp so were either micing it or most liekyl gonna borrow a bass amp from my buddy whose band is also playing.
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
if its a smaller room that your playing in, then you could do what me and my band do. drum set. then just to the right of the set (sitting at the drums), is the bass amp and the guitar amps on the left side. its the traditional way of setting up a band with the bass near the low toms and the guitars next to the high toms. if you're confused, my bands site is in my sig and we have pictures from our shows there.

edit, screw small room, any size room
its a pretty big stage and a huge room, its like an auditorium
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50