My budget is under 2000$ and I'm looking for the best tube amp for versatility with a preference for blues rock and classic rock.

I've already checked out the vox ac30cc2 and the marshall stacks and I'm wondering which one would be a better deal a vox combo or a marshall jvm or jcm stack. And what about the difference between the ac30cc2 and cc2x is it really that big?

Thanks in advance for your input.
i suggest a jvm. those are very versatile. i'd grab a good overdrive pedal too. maybe a tube screamer or something along those lines
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
There are way better amps than the JVM at 2000
Look at the Orange Rockerverbs, Chicago Blues Box, Splawn Superstock, Mesa Lonestar and Mesa Stiletto Ace, Maybe an old marshall JMP.
Go for any one of those and you'll be set.
????

2k?

Dude, you can almost get a used diezel for that price.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
so about the ac30 which one is a better choice for me the cc2 or cc2x? and is the mesa rectoverb good for blues-rock?
for blues rock i'd go for the orange. they have an amazing sound. for the ac30, the cc2x is more variable so you can get a 'modern' tone as well as the classic beatlesey chime. there's a switch on the back...
Quote by Sakattack75
i suggest a jvm. those are very versatile. i'd grab a good overdrive pedal too. maybe a tube screamer or something along those lines

2 or 4 channels and a ton of knobs do not nessecarily mean versatile. IMO the jvm's are severely overpriced, and very limited tonewise. Way too modern for blues and classic rock.
The vox is very good. But if you wanna save some money check out ceriatone.com Search this forum for feedback. They make awesome clones.
I play the same genre of music as you do, and my 2061 handwired head from marshall really gives me the tone Ive been looking for my entire time of playing. The HW series I really recommend, except you can order clones that sound nearly the same from ceriatone at a fraction of the price.
Check it out
The vox as I said is really good. A bit too muddy for my taste though, but sweet tone indeed. But really you should go try the different ones out.
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Last edited by chrisdam at Dec 11, 2008,
Wow thanks a bunch for all the input guys. Now its time to go to guitar center and check for myself. Merry Christmas!!!
last question: Would it be wiser to buy a new guitar or a new amp for Christmas? I have a gibson les paul vintage mahogany and I don't really like it, nor do I like my line 6.
^ if you don't like either, you should probably replace both. the guitar is probably better than the line 6 (assuming that's a spider), but if you spend $1000 on a guitar, and $1000 on an amp, you should be able to get a nice rig.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by chrisdam
2 or 4 channels and a ton of knobs do not nessecarily mean versatile. IMO the jvm's are severely overpriced, and very limited tonewise. Way too modern for blues and classic rock.
The vox is very good. But if you wanna save some money check out ceriatone.com Search this forum for feedback. They make awesome clones.
I play the same genre of music as you do, and my 2061 handwired head from marshall really gives me the tone Ive been looking for my entire time of playing. The HW series I really recommend, except you can order clones that sound nearly the same from ceriatone at a fraction of the price.
Check it out
The vox as I said is really good. A bit too muddy for my taste though, but sweet tone indeed. But really you should go try the different ones out.

+1!
well i got meself a vox ac30cc2 at guitarcenter at 80$ less so I'm a happy camper. btw, would it be wise to install AlNiCo Blue speakers? and if so how would I go about doin' that?
- buy alnico blue speakers

- remove old speakers

-install new ones

really depends if they're the new-style quick connect ones, or older style (where you have to solder). if you don't have to solder, and assuming they're a direct fit, there shouldn't be that much to it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yah if i were you id get a new amp and new guitar.

what exactly are you ganna use this for.

You dont necessarily have to blow 2k on an amp.
Quote by demonstrius
well i got meself a vox ac30cc2 at guitarcenter at 80$ less so I'm a happy camper. btw, would it be wise to install AlNiCo Blue speakers? and if so how would I go about doin' that?

Look at Weber AlNiCo Blue Dogs or Scumnicos from Scumback.
I would personally suggest a Superlead Plexi or maybe a JCM800
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by demonstrius

Assuming you played both the AC30CC2 and the CC2X at guitar center... could you hear a difference? Could you hear a $600 difference?

If you buy the speakers and install them yourself, then you will have a cc2x. The speakers are the only difference, and you'll end up likely paying more for it this way than if you had just bought the cc2x in the first place. Just keep it like it is and enjoy it. Don't spend money just to spend it.