Poll: Which wah should i go with?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which wah should i go with?
Ibanez weeping demon
4 27%
Snarling Dogs Bootzilla wah
5 33%
Morley PBA-2 dual bass wah
5 33%
other. Please specify
1 7%
Voters: 15.
The title says it all? Im just looking to spend around a 100 bucks. I was thinking about the bootsy collins signature wah. Any opinions?
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
I like the Dunlop Bass Wah. Dunlop is good stuff.

Edit: It's like $120.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
I have the Original Dunlop Crybaby, but only cause my friend was selling it for $20. Get the Bass Crybaby for sure!
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
im using an original crybaby right now...its my friends. i just want something that will have more of a scoop. Has anybody heard anything about the bootsy collins sig. wah?

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Quote by Chunky_Lover
im using an original crybaby right now...its my friends. i just want something that will have more of a scoop. Has anybody heard anything about the bootsy collins sig. wah?

If you're talking about the Snarling Dogs Bootzilla Wah/Fuzz, then I own one. I like it very much, but without a real idea of what you're looking for, I don't know what information you need. Got any specific questions?
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Has anybody heard anything about the bootsy collins sig. wah?

I've heard the fuzz and the wah are good on their own, but unusable together. Also, I've heard Snarling Dogs pedals have a tendency to crap out after a few months. Doesn't sound like it always happens (unlike Behringer), so it's probably a problem with QC.

just do what cliff did and get a guitar wah
might have more range to it

No, the range will not be better. In fact, the range of the sweep that won't sound s***y with bass will be lower. That said, plenty of bassists use guitar wahs. Cliff did it, Geezer Butler did it. In fact, they didn't have devoted bass wahs for a long time. I even use one, a Morley PWB. Actually, I only use it to get Cliff's tone, but it's still good.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I have a morley pro series II bass wah and it's really easy to use and sounds pretty good to my ears, though i've never really tried any others out, but i like it.
Morley wahs are much easier to use than any of the crybaby guitar wahs i've ever tried, though you can't leave them on for a bit of tonal wah if you know what i mean.

However the pro series II bass wah has been discontinued i'm pretty sure morley still do a bass specific wah that i wouldn't imagine is much different.
Last edited by budget bassist at Dec 9, 2008,
Here are some more.

Morley Dual Bass Wah has it's fans.
The EBS WahOne is apparently similar to a crybaby bass, but better in almost every way.
The Ibanez Weeping Demon is fantastic on bas s(it was made with bass in mind. One of the switches sets it to a lower range, and then you can adjust wit even further with a knob under the bit you rock your foot on. Hugely versatile.
The Wilson wahs are expensive, but are apparently very good.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Chunky_Lover
The title says it all? Im just looking to spend around a 100 bucks. I was thinking about the bootsy collins signature wah. Any opinions?

It's more than a 100 buck but try the EBS wah www.ebssweden.com

It is absolutley AMAZING!!!
I second the recommendation of the Ibanez. If you know how to dial it in you can get it to do whatever you like.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
Could some people vote in the poll. Im still leaning towards the snarling dogs pedal. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: When you vote could you give a reason why you voted for it? thanks

Quote by GuitarHero0715

Last edited by Chunky_Lover at Dec 10, 2008,
I can't believe the most popular bass wah, the 105Q, isn't in your poll...

But anyway, I own the 105Q and he Bootzilla and much prefer the second. It's a proper vocal wah and not a manual envelope filter-y sounding wah like the 105Q. There's a lot of flexibility and the like, plus it's a great price. And the fuzz is a lot of fun, if not gated and VERY quacky.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..