Hey guys, I would be heading to America for a semester of exchange. This means I would be leaving my guitar at home for about 5 - 6 months. Now my question is, is it ok to leave it in my closet the way it is right now? Or should i loosen the strings? It is a solid top with laminated sides and back.
Just in case this info is important, I live in Singapore, where it is summer all year round, so there isn't much problem with the weather.
I would loosen them a bit. Not all the way, but just less. D standard sounds pretty loose to me.

PS: Singapore is a wonderful place. So clean. Went there in '05 and absolutely loved it. Went down to the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling Of course I'm still underage... but... lalalalala.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Cool, thanks for the advice.
Haha yea I love Singapore as well, but this place does get a little boring at times, I would hope to see some snow when I get over to America :P.
Where abouts in the US are you going?
Equipment:

Troy, New York. Would be studying in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Know anything about it?
Can't say that I do. However, being in New York, you'll probably see lots of snow. LOTS of snow by the looks of how much snow we've already gotten this year.
Equipment: