So my band and I are playing our first gig at our cousins birthday, good practice and reltives who will shower the whole band with praise and boost our egos. The only problem we have is the fact that we want a balacned (7 Song) setlist but we can't figure it out. We are a Alternative/(pop) Punk band. So far we have:

1- Motivation Proclamtion -Good Charlotte
2- All the Small things - Blink 182 (crowd pleaser)
3- Your OddIsee - (Original)
4- Another Original
5- Warning - Green Day
6- Waiting - Still Sum 41
7- Back in Black (crowd pleaser, everybody loves i)

What do you think? I mixed up the songs and had us end with a popular song that goes well with the crowd. Any suggestions? For the record, im the drummer.
Looks good to me.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
around family it probably wouldnt matter but in a crowd where your not known i prolly wouldnt put two originals together unless i already had a good fan base if i were you i would do your oddlsee then warning then the other original but like i said it prolly wouldnt matter here but just for future reference

also isnt motivation proclamtion kinda downbeat? if so i would start out with a faster harder song to get everyone loosened up if im wrong just ignore this statement
I would swap All the Small Things into first, because it's a song everyone knows and it's quite up tempo, and then put Motivation Proclamation second, but good set list.
Quote by PunkRockv2
So my band and I are playing our first gig at our cousins birthday, good practice and reltives who will shower the whole band with praise and boost our egos. The only problem we have is the fact that we want a balacned (7 Song) setlist but we can't figure it out. We are a Alternative/(pop) Punk band. So far we have:

1- Motivation Proclamtion -Good Charlotte
2- All the Small things - Blink 182 (crowd pleaser)
3- Your OddIsee - (Original)
4- Another Original
5- Warning - Green Day
6- Waiting - Still Sum 41
7- Back in Black (crowd pleaser, everybody loves i)

What do you think? I mixed up the songs and had us end with a popular song that goes well with the crowd. Any suggestions? For the record, im the drummer.

Wait...do you mean Still Waiting by Sum 41 or Waiting by Green Day?

And Yeah, I'd swap the first two about for the tempos and catchiness.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I'd try to split up the originals, to keep people hearing familiar songs. I'd swap 'another original' with 'Warning'.
Alright thanks alot, I switched the original aroung w/ warning and yes that is Still Waiting by Sum 41. Also, I took your advice and switced All the Small Things with Motivation Proclamtion for tempo reasons, thanks.