hey, with the economy and my 4 other brothers and sisters, this years christmas is going to be a little watered down. although this no big problem to me im still having an issue of what to get this year. our parents have told us that they will $60 per kid and will not give us cash. last year i got the squire stop dreaming start playing pack and fell in love with the guitar. however the more my skills grow the more i see the need to get better equipment. so my question is, with $60, what is the best possible thing to buy that is guitar related. (I have not gotten anything addtional from what came from the kit, besides new strings)
I dont even think I'm getting a xmas this year, but thats cuz my mom is a single mom who's poor and I live with a roomate in an apartment and we're both broke too. I would probably recommend gettin either an FX pedal or maybe a couple tab books?
you could probably find some decent pedals for around $60
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
I'd say see if you can go partway for a new amp. $100 for a peavey vypyr or roland cube amp would be like a well... brand new amp plus tons of effects.

Otherwise there are... picks, capos, slides, strings, replacement knobs (Decorative kind), picks(i always like experimenting with new sizes...and you cant have enough)... tuner, pick holder, polishing cloth....
Yeah crap man i understand completely with that...

Times are rough!

Quote by MeltingWaxFace
I dont even think I'm getting a xmas this year, but thats cuz my mom is a single mom who's poor and I live with a roomate in an apartment and we're both broke too. I would probably recommend gettin either an FX pedal or maybe a couple tab books?

^ that would be what i'd get right there, get some like scale books and like some other stuff like that.
My signature has doubled...
I asked my mom not to spend a lot on me (if anything) for Christmas year. Putting two kids through college - and one of them, medical school - is not easy on the bills. I don't want to add more stress to their finances. Honestly, I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I don't need presents to be happy; being home is enough.

To answer your question, go for an effects pedal; there are some really nice ones you can get for $60, depending on what you want.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i was think about maybe getting ab effects pedal and then maybe stocking up on stuff like strings and picks. the only thing thats holding me back from maybe getting an effects pedal is the fact that most only have one biult in effect. i have with my friends digitech multi fx and really liked that. is there anything in my price range that that has more than one biullt in effect?
Get some kind of FX pedal - maybe a cheap multi fx unit off ebay?

My best Crimble's from when I was young were the ones where we didn't have much in the way of presents etc.

Food and drink, being with the family and crimble telly is what it's all about.

It's your parents I feel bad for - I have three kids, was made redundant in July and I'm overskilled for the area I live so we either move or be poor - I'm in the rpocess of ebaying stuff and keeping the present money in my paypal account so the bills don't get it.

PITA
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by SmartyJones
i was think about maybe getting ab effects pedal and then maybe stocking up on stuff like strings and picks. the only thing thats holding me back from maybe getting an effects pedal is the fact that most only have one biult in effect. i have with my friends digitech multi fx and really liked that. is there anything in my price range that that has more than one biullt in effect?

The problem with cheap multi-effects pedals is the more effects they stuff in, the cheaper they sound. I got one of the digitech multi-effects, used it for about a month, then shelved it.

You'd be better off getting a pedal to get a sound you really like - even if it is just one effect. It'll sound better in the end.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
yes, my amp in particularly is horrible. the cleans are decent but the o.d. is just terrible so perhapes a boss sd-1 or ds-1 would be good for me? how would that sound on my amp?
you could replace the nut on your guitar, get strings, picks, capo, slide, a pedal, some theory books, or a bitching strap
Quote by cuthbertg
Get some kind of FX pedal - maybe a cheap multi fx unit off ebay?

My best Crimble's from when I was young were the ones where we didn't have much in the way of presents etc.

Food and drink, being with the family and crimble telly is what it's all about.

It's your parents I feel bad for - I have three kids, was made redundant in July and I'm overskilled for the area I live so we either move or be poor - I'm in the rpocess of ebaying stuff and keeping the present money in my paypal account so the bills don't get it.

PITA

What the **** is a crimble?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Chaos Nil
*cough* I'd like to add he is using a squier starter pack amp...

and with 60 dollars he's not gonna get anything much better...
I'd say get a Dunlop Original Crybaby. those things are fun and you could probably find one on sale in your price range too
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by civildp1
What the **** is a crimble?

Xmas, Christmas, Jesus' birthday - I call it Crimble or Crimbo cos I'm funny like that
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by theking182
and with 60 dollars he's not gonna get anything much better...
I'd say get a Dunlop Original Crybaby. those things are fun and you could probably find one on sale in your price range too

+ 1

bloody good Idea - IMO the only FX you need are reverb, overdrive/dist and a wah.

Get a dunlop crybaby which will sound ok with you kit for now, then later on you can mod it for true bypass, change a couple of resistors and get a whipple inductor in it.

Infact get a second hand one of ebay, buy all the bits - you could do it for $60 I reckon
I'm in the same boat as you my friend. My dad was on disability for a year last year and didn't start making any money on his claim until the last 3 months, and my mom's babysitting business has gone down the ****ter to put it nicely, mainly because no one can afford a babysitter anymore. So we decided to do a secret santa thing where everyone's name goes in a hat and one person spends a set amount on the person they draw. We decided to spend 60 dollars on our person and donate 10 bucks each for some animals for a poor country or something. I don't care too much though because I have a job now and make about as much as my mom does when I'm only working part time, so I buy myself all the things I need, so it doesn't bother me.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I feel sad

You guy's are wicked, in the good way, not greedy little rats like i know