I fell victim to fraud on Saturday when someone took 500 $ out my account. I reported it the day after, and today i went to the bank and its all settled, once i got to work, there were like 4 other people, (Just in the warehouse area) who also were robbed. All on Saturday!! lol

Has anyone else been hit here?
"This is for the radio, so i better chill
They wont play it, if it go get ill
But im like that and thats an actually fact
Because the street is wher my heart is at"
*Reported*
Not really, just felt like it when I saw that you reported it.
That sucks something fierce.

I don't trust those damned banks.
I'm thinking of getting a safe and placing all my monies in there.
And then I'll place some sort of incendiary device if anyone tries to break into it.
First, I need the monies...
Scamming bank accounts seems pretty profitable these days...
Last edited by huevos at Dec 9, 2008,
Hasn't happened to me. You shouldn't distrust the banks though. Any insured bank will compensate you if something like this happens.
Quote by huevos
*Reported*
Not really, just felt like it when I saw that you reported it.
That sucks something fierce.

I don't trust those damned banks.
I'm thinking of getting a safe and placing all my monies in there.
And then I'll place some sort of incendiary device if anyone tries to break into it.
First, I need the monies...
Scamming bank accounts seems pretty profitable these days...

It's not the bank that steals your money, it's someone posing as the bank.
However, banks do 'steal' a lot of money from us legally...
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
I had my card automatically frozen once, because some suspicious **** had been going on at an HMV (music/movie store here in canada) that id used debit at.

Had to get a new card with new pin and ****. Was not fun.
Quote by KwikKopy
Hasn't happened to me. You shouldn't distrust the banks though. Any insured bank will compensate you if something like this happens.

ALL GLORY TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE!!!

I've never trusted banks.
Scheming ass lickers.

I told the mother****ers that I did not want to open a credit line.
They give a complementary debit card that basically functioned like a credit card.
I had sufficient funds to cover some of the transactions I was making, but it still charged it like credit.
Now I >$200 in hole for that bull****.
I know it's not much, but with other responibilities, it's a bitch that I have to fork over cash for their mistakes.
Especially when I EXPLICITLY TOLD THEM NOT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had to get that out.
Every time I go into a bank I get asked if I want a credit card or an overdraft.

Even now the credit crunch has hit, it's f*cking ridiculous. How I shake my head in disbelief of corporate greed.
Quote by 420Incense
I fell victim to fraud on Saturday when someone took 500 $ out my account. I reported it the day after, and today i went to the bank and its all settled, once i got to work, there were like 4 other people, (Just in the warehouse area) who also were robbed. All on Saturday!! lol

Has anyone else been hit here?

Chances are you all use cashpoints (ATMs) that have been doctored by putting a false plate that reads your card as it goes in + a camera to watch you putting in your pin.

It happened to a large client of mine in High St Kensington London - 30 or so employees all lost a few hundred quid each.

When you use an ATM see if you can pull the card slot off/check if it's loose and looks right - if you are suspicious use another one.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
Chances are you all use cashpoints (ATMs) that have been doctored by putting a false plate that reads your card as it goes in + a camera to watch you putting in your pin.

It happened to a large client of mine in High St Kensington London - 30 or so employees all lost a few hundred quid each.

When you use an ATM see if you can pull the card slot off/check if it's loose and looks right - if you are suspicious use another one.

Interesting, I've never heard of that. I only use ATMs that actually belong to the bank I'm of member of (unless I'm out of town) so I'm pretty sure I'd be covered if one of THEIR ATMs was tampered with.
Quote by cuthbertg

NIICE!
Criminals are crafty.

I agree, FaceMeltWaxer (or whatever your name is).
Quote by KwikKopy
Interesting, I've never heard of that. I only use ATMs that actually belong to the bank I'm of member of (unless I'm out of town) so I'm pretty sure I'd be covered if one of THEIR ATMs was tampered with.

They all got thier money back I think, but this scam has been going on in the UK for a few years now.

It even happened in my local town a few months back, which is tiny - we don't even have a burger king!!!
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I had $7700 taken from my account the other week. ****ing bank ****ed up didn't they. The good news is the money should be back in the next few days.
****ers left $300 in my account that had to last me a fortnight until I got paid again. That just covers the rent.

Although this is more of a band **** up than bank fraud I thought this would be a good place to rant about it.
Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
I had $7700 taken from my account the other week. ****ing bank ****ed up didn't they. The good news is the money should be back in the next few days.
****ers left $300 in my account that had to last me a fortnight until I got paid again. That just covers the rent.

Although this is more of a band **** up than bank fraud I thought this would be a good place to rant about it.

Damn, that's some ****ed up ****.
You take a penny from them, and they'll lynch you.
They lose nearly >9000 of your dollars, and they won't bat an eye.