I didn't find anything like this, and if there is, I'm sorry. But in your opinion, after you've gotten your guitar, what is the first piece of accessory would you buy to add on to your gear? And I mean like special effects/pedals-wise.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Whatever you want to suit your music.

If your amp doesn't have good distortion, get a pedal for it. If you want to play hendrix or something, get a wah.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I have a Fender Strat and a Epiphone LP with a Line 6 Amp.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

It kinda depnds what you want to play/what you like

but for a generic 'what order should i buy them 'I would say this way round:

overdrive/distortion
Wah
Reverb/Delay
anything else

The reason I say these three first is because things like phaser, chorus, flange etc are quite subtle effects and to honest I don't really use them that much.

You can get most sounds with the FX i have suggested for blues and rock
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
a Distortion Pedal, Picks, Try new strings to the new guitar, ohh wah-wha !!

you could try a muti effects pedal, and try new sounds.

theres Guitar Rig, a magical program that helps you get some wicked effects..

and you can always search for it on isohunt.com
I really don't see what's so wrong with a Line 6...???

And don't tell me they just suck, because I think mine works fine.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.
I really don't see what's so wrong with a Line 6...???

And don't tell me they just suck, because I think mine works fine.

If you like it, then that's all that matters - It winds me up too, all these "I don't like your amp, upgrade that first, then I may answer your question" answers.

checking out guitar rig/something computer based first might actually be a good idea - you can get free demo versions or cracked versions if you are that way inclined.

That way you can have a play with the different sorts of FX and decide what order you want to buy them in
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
hey, get a phaser or tremolo or delay effects...they seem to be used wisely by girls these days and do a goddman good job at it too! ROCK FOREVER!
nice setup but i think you should either upgrade pickups or to low or high output pickups low for softer stuff and high for like rockout shiznet
hmm i';d buy pedals... actually.. not new amp couse when you go somewhere to play or to practice with band ya wont take thew amp everytime someone invites you to the party jam or so...
but ya can take the guitar nad the pedal.. so ya wont need the distortion on amp without which your power goes 50% down

EDIT: ^^^^ hey isnt this already in the GG&A??
Last edited by vigenharutyunya at Dec 9, 2008,
i like my zoom multi-effects pedal/board. alot of people talk smak about digital effects but im really happy with the tones i can tweek out of it.
If your Line6 amp is infact a modeling amp, then pedals/multi-effects aren't going to sound that fantastic through it. If you do want to look into them I'd seriously recommend trying them through the same amp at a store.

Other than that, have you ever tried out a tube amp of any kind?
If you like the sound of your current amp, great. I'm just saying that if you maybe tried a few out as you could be surprised. After all, it can't hurt.

After-thought: Tuner? Capo? Metronome?
Quote by ChrisN
If your Line6 amp is infact a modeling amp, then pedals/multi-effects aren't going to sound that fantastic through it. If you do want to look into them I'd seriously recommend trying them through the same amp at a store.

Other than that, have you ever tried out a tube amp of any kind?
If you like the sound of your current amp, great. I'm just saying that if you maybe tried a few out as you could be surprised. After all, it can't hurt.

After-thought: Tuner? Capo? Metronome?

if you use the multi effects through a clean channel they will.
Hmm, maybe something was missed when I tried it. My GT-8 sounded cack through a couple of modeling amps some friends own. (Line6 Spider II + a Vox.. not sure what model that was)

To be fair, I wouldn't waste my time with effects through a modeling amp though. If I'd have ever gotten one I would have used it to judge what effects I like/prefer and then get individual pedals through a good quality amp.

Like I said though TS, it's what ever you like the sound of.. just be open to trying equipment out.