whats the standard tuning on a 7-string bass?

i know

EADG

BEADG

BEADGC

but then what
BEADGCF, I believe.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yep, most extended range basses are tuned all fifths, (or fourths depending on how you look at it).
Quote by maidendeth13
I'm curious as to what "newb" is playing a 7 string bass. been playing for a year and still working on the 4 string...

A "newb" with a strong sense of musical direction. There's no point playing a 4 string if you know for sure you want to play a 7.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't implying he personally plays one either.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Last edited by Mayano at Dec 9, 2008,
Well, in the world of seven strings which I sort of follow, there are two ways - the "high F" tuning and the "low F#" tuning. But that's your call. But then again with 7 strings you're not really too concerned with tradition in any sense of the word, so tune it however you want. There's this one dude with a doubleneck Conklin with one fretless and one fretted 7 string neck tuned like a 7-string guitar.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by maidendeth13
I'm curious as to what "newb" is playing a 7 string bass. been playing for a year and still working on the 4 string...

no doubt one that is curious.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by thefitz
Well, in the world of seven strings which I sort of follow, there are two ways - the "high F" tuning and the "low F#" tuning. But that's your call. But then again with 7 strings you're not really too concerned with tradition in any sense of the word, so tune it however you want. There's this one dude with a doubleneck Conklin with one fretless and one fretted 7 string neck tuned like a 7-string guitar.

BEADGCF
or
F#BEADGC

However I REALLY want an EADGCFBb. Although you'd probably have to buy some kind of bastardized super extra double long guitar string for the Bb it'd be worth it.
I had a 7-string fretless acoustic for a while and I used acoustic guitar strings as my G and F strings when they broke. I think the guitar strings would work - they're probably long enough.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
well... i've been playing since march, and i got an iBanez starter set, but i really want a 5 string for the low B, idk, i was really just wondering.

but i have played a six string and it seemed easy enough, just got to get used to stretching that far, in due time, i'll be able to play a seven string, just you guys wait
Last edited by ellobo at Dec 9, 2008,
Personally I prefer 7-strings to 6 strings. I think of scale patterns in octaves, and I always start that pattern on the B string. With a 7-string, it ends on an octave on the F string without too many shifts.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
BEADGCF
or
F#BEADGC

However I REALLY want an EADGCFBb. Although you'd probably have to buy some kind of bastardized super extra double long guitar string for the Bb it'd be worth it.

I also want an EADGCFBb, but what I'm thinking of is an octave lower than what you're probably thinking of. Actually, I would like it even more if it was really F#BADGC, with drop tuners on all the strings. Of course, you'd probably need to put lead weights on the other end of the bass to counteract the neck dive you'd get from all that extra hardware.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
that or. FBEADGC.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by matosh.lee
that or. FBEADGC.

A low F would be really wierd to play with. Playing on the same fret number on the B and F would be a tritone essentially, that would be difficult to use. Perhaps a low E would be usuable. Tuned to a 5th.
It's a low F#, like I said before.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
why are we still in this conversation?

this thread desires an end.

the correct answer has been stated.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard