...just wondering - does anybody have a Digitech RP-80...?

...if so, I'd like to hear some suggestions or comments about it, since I have one myself...

...and, uh - opinions/suggestions on how/if I can get a really good chunky heavy metal sound...? ...all I have is:

Fender left-handed MIM Strat
Fender Frontman 25R
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer
Digitech RP-80 Multi-effects pedal (I think it's discontinued now?)

...other comments/opinions/suggestions...
I've got a rp-80 through a BC Rich Warlock, Behringer HellBabe whammy, and a Marshall MG10CD (I know, shame shame)
All I have to do is set the effect on number 24, and the amp settings (on the effects itself) on rectifier (R9)
Noise Gate full on.
EQ: B7, M7, T3
For the pickups: SH (single to humbucker).
And those are my settings for a metal sound.
Oh and you can PM me for the more accurate settings, I don't really have the time now to work it all out
I havean awesome Slash-esque wah written into mine, ill write out the settings when i get home from school.

I'm getting a Rocktron Utopia G200 as an upgrade though.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
i have all fx set to off eq set to nuetral and set as vol pedal and some are just cleam with some modulation
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
i had the rp50. its the same thing but without the expression pedal

this pedal won't really cut it for anything metally, most of its metal type presets sound very boxy and weak. they got enough gain.. but there is just something really lacking in the whole thing.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Just save and get the RP250, you'll be glad. the RP-80 can be found cheap though.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
Just save and get the RP250, you'll be glad. the RP-80 can be found cheap though.

...how about a RP500, or RP1000...?

(...alright, maybe the RP1000 might be a little too much for my wallet - but still, how about the RP500...?)

...or, any other multi-effect pedals/processors/modulators/etc. that you might suggest for less than or around $300...?
Make your own preset, Choose amp model G9 (Based on a High Gain Tube Amp) or R9 (Based on a Mesa/Boogie Rectifier) Set Bass to 8, Middle to 7 and Treble to 8. Noise gate on full with some slight compression.

That's my preset that will get you a fairly good metal sound. In my personal opinion, unless you want the huge array of effects on a tight budget, don't get it, get a distortion pedal instead + whatever other effects you wish to own.

Also, Saberrocks. The Behringer HellBabe is a Wah pedal, not a Whammy.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
If you can, get the 500, its LOADS better than the 250 ( obviously) The 250 is a more compact size though.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Pnoybuchakoy91
...how about a RP500, or RP1000...?

(...alright, maybe the RP1000 might be a little too much for my wallet - but still, how about the RP500...?)

...or, any other multi-effect pedals/processors/modulators/etc. that you might suggest for less than or around $300...?

i am more of a zoom fan than digitech. ever look at any zoom stuff?
i use to have the rp80 it was good only for practice and messing around with the fx. great for a beginer though
Quote by jymellis
i am more of a zoom fan than digitech. ever look at any zoom stuff?

...I wouldn't really know, since I myself am more of a Digitech fan than Zoom... ...how is Zoom though...?