Just curious about what people think about it. Last week I poped in dimarzio evolutions into my les paul LE birdseye maple top wich prior had 57 classics. They are my first dimarzio pups I've installed and sound fantastic for what I play.

I did notice that they are very clear and clean and can get close to a fenderish sound through my fender tube amp with mesa boogies and gnx peddle. Anyone really play with coil splitting? I have a 4 way switch with a pull pot that can able the idea but I don't want to tear into it if its not really worth it.
Epiphone les paul LE (birdseye maple top)
DiMarzio Evolutions - Stetsbar Chrome

RG350MDX beater

Peavey T-25

Fender 100watt Mesa Boogie Tubes
I have one on my Cort and another on my Washburn. I really don't tend to use it - not worth the hassle in my opinion.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
I think this depends on your stlye. I have a Cort with a coilsplitable bridge humbucker. I try the humbucker sometimes but 95% of the time i split it. I like the Fender'ish twang and crystal like sound when playing clean arpeggios and stuff. The only time i use the Humbuckers when im experiencing with feedback and harmonics.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Thanks, I won't bother and I play satriani,journey,black sabbath all the old stuff and they sound fantastic right now. Not going to mess with the pole adjustments and just leave everything as is then, I just wanted to play with splitting sence I have not done it. I am finshing my frankentar right now with peavey t25 body moded bridge a low profile ibanez prestiege neck and a fender strat single coil in the neck and a dimarzio paf in the bridge. Ill leave all the lean sound to that guitar I guess.

RG350MDX beater

Peavey T-25

do it!

its not going to affect the sound when it is off and it gives you another tone to your arsenal, different than your frankenstrat because its a different guitar and it wont affect the look of the guitar because you are going to use a push/pull pot.

do it! DO IT!

you know you wanna!
Thank you please.
I will do it I am messing with some amp models and effects in my gig playing rig, my LP LE is flawless and now it looks even better with the cream/black pickups that match the cream on the guitar. I have a harness I buildt for it a month ago just for the coil splitting if I wanted to. So far just with messing with the new harness for a few mins I can tell a way suttle but warm tone difference and for already having everything made ill just toss it in there. Even for not using the split a lot it would still be nice to have if I go play at the bar or do a gig somewhere and have virtually 2 guitars in one. I'm really not in the mood to finsh the frankentars body as in the process of shaving the rim for a smoother round body and custom wood routed designs with a couple LED lights. So I think splitting for now is fine with a quick easy install. I just wasn't sure if it really made a difference for sound enough to matter, so now its back to switchin everything over and putting the new switch in.

RG350MDX beater

Peavey T-25

it makes a difference. if you are playing with gain it cleans up the sound... makes it glassier.

then thump back in to bucker mode and scream away... if it wasnt worth doing people wouldnt do it... actually i wont push that too far because its obviously a croc but it is worth splitting coils.
Thank you please.