dude.... which guitar? you linked to a main page.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
its a flash site...everything happens on the first page...you need to give us model number.

nevermind
in all honesty, that's nowhere near a "full-on" metal guitar. This would more than likely work for what you're looking for. You may be able to find something a little more suited, but if you like the way the guitar plays (I can't say I've played an ibanez that didn't at least FEEL like it would play well) and how it looks, then buy it. I play in a jazz group and I use my ltd m-100 at all of our gigs.

edit: just so I'm clear, the m-series is quite similar to what you're looking for.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
It's crap. Really almost any guitar under the price of 500 usually is.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Quote by cohen5250
It's crap. Really almost any guitar under the price of 500 usually is.

dude, it's a guitar. he can play it. If he's looking in that price range, don't bash it out because it's "cheap".
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
they're not bad the wizard necks are pretty thin tho,i like them but try it out for yourself or at least another gio somewhere to get an idea of the quality and feel of the neck.

your sound will come more from the amp so worry bout that then get this or a squier or something that feels comfortable to you. as long its not plywood lol
+1 to texzephyr
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
It may be crap, but most "first guitars" are just that.

He may play for awhile to find that guitar just isn't his thing. If that happens, he'll be thankful he didn't spend $1000 on a Gibson Les Paul.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
ye ive played it and it seemed to be good i just wanted some opinion
ye 500 dollars is basically my budget and i was playing it on a vox da5 in the store
is it any gd?
ok, well how long did you play it? see if you can find out how often it goes out of tune from the store owners.
aaaand did it sound good to you? if it did, and you liked the neck and whatnot, you're fine.
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
oh and i'm presuming by the link ur an aussie like me? basswood's not a bad body wood so if ur happy with feel of it most of the other stuff can be upgraded eventually
e.g locking tuners, pickups.
keep an eye out for used gear too, and is the 500 including an amp?
the only problem I can forsee is the *cough* "floyd" coming out of tune. The second... or third... whichever, guitar in my band has one from the same guitar and it has recently started coming out of tune while he's playing. (a quick trip to the local guitar store had it fixed right away)
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
ye ill check out the tuning and everything, sounds gd to me
and yes 500 with amp
yeah consider a stop-tail as well cause unless you're planning on doing sum major guitar wanking it might not be necessary to get a guitar with trem.
yeah, I think I've had my ltd for.... almost 2 years now and I still haven't actually played a show using the licensed floyd.
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
well u do realise these are more than AU$300 each? thats not much left for an amp... though vox amplugs are nice if you'd settle for one of those.
the da5 is quite good and it only runs about $200. I've been using one for practises for both of my bands.
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
ye the guy at the store sed he'd give the guitar and the amp 2 me for 500
cool, hope you have fun with that combo man.
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose