will do C4C... especially If you listen the whole way through (it's a 9 minute song)
It's on my profile called 'the journey'
just a demo I recorded for my band to show them the arrangement but it's reasonably good quality.
Drums are garageband loops, guitar bass and vox are all me

Thanks in advance
(if anyone can be bothered listening to it lol)
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Dec 9, 2008,
When someone posts a title like 'Epic Prog Rock Song' my expectations tend to be pretty low, but this is a nice piece of work. The quality is more than good enough for a proof-of-concept demo, if your band don't pick this one up it'd be a waste of a good song.
Nine minutes of decent home recording is an impressive feat too, well done. In fact, it sounds pretty much exactly how I'd expect it to after reading the first six or seven 'influences' on your profile!

There's only so much you can do using preprogrammed drum loops though, what you need now is to get it learnt with your band and inject some dynamics into the piece. The bit around 4:00 is cool, I like the riff.

As home demos go, it's great, but nevertheless I find it a little dull to listen to. With a complex genre like this the compromises of home recording never really do the song justice...time to fire up the band, then?
The intro before the vocals enter is pretty cool, it gave me a David Gimour mixed with Carlos Santana type of vibe. I actually liked the verse quite a bit because of how layered it is, I'd recommend adding even more effects to back it because it gives off a nice vibe but I think you could take this even further. Your instrumental sections like at around 2:35 are also very cool, I get sort of a space rock type of vibe. When the heavier sections comes in at around 3 minutes I didn't like the vocals as much because I think there was more focus on them there than before, where there were more things backing them. But once you get back into the "take me away" section I liked it more. I think that the section at 4:00 has potential to be better, the vocals really didn't do much for me here, it might be a nice spot for an instrumental passage which could work as a transition for the lead. The section after the lead up to around 5:50 did nothing for me, bit boring to listen to for me. The section around 6:30 with the vocals reminds me of UFO because of the spacey vibe, but it doesn't really hold my attention that well anymore. I still like your chorus though, that seems to bring my attention back to the song after any sections I don't really like.

Although you had quite a few interesting parts, there just weren't enough of them to keep me interested through all nine minutes of the song. I think if you rewrite some sections or remove some then this song could be a good one. You have a good idea and did a nice job overall though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016967
Quote by Grimmy101
The intro before the vocals enter is pretty cool, it gave me a David Gimour mixed with Carlos Santana type of vibe. I actually liked the verse quite a bit because of how layered it is, I'd recommend adding even more effects to back it because it gives off a nice vibe but I think you could take this even further. Your instrumental sections like at around 2:35 are also very cool, I get sort of a space rock type of vibe. When the heavier sections comes in at around 3 minutes I didn't like the vocals as much because I think there was more focus on them there than before, where there were more things backing them. But once you get back into the "take me away" section I liked it more. I think that the section at 4:00 has potential to be better, the vocals really didn't do much for me here, it might be a nice spot for an instrumental passage which could work as a transition for the lead. The section after the lead up to around 5:50 did nothing for me, bit boring to listen to for me. The section around 6:30 with the vocals reminds me of UFO because of the spacey vibe, but it doesn't really hold my attention that well anymore. I still like your chorus though, that seems to bring my attention back to the song after any sections I don't really like.

Although you had quite a few interesting parts, there just weren't enough of them to keep me interested through all nine minutes of the song. I think if you rewrite some sections or remove some then this song could be a good one. You have a good idea and did a nice job overall though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016967

woah creepy thats totally what I was going for
cheers for the crit and guy above you I'll definitely take that into account.
Yeah the bands currently working on an EP so we're concentrating on recording older stuff but when that's out we're definitely gonna learn this.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by kyle62
When someone posts a title like 'Epic Prog Rock Song' my expectations tend to be pretty low

What's wrong about epic prog rock songs?

Anyway, I really like this song. It's very fresh. Do you have a band that plays live shows? I'd like to see that played live
I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIST
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
YES I DOOOO
Quote by lithium500

Anyway, I really like this song. It's very fresh. Do you have a band that plays live shows? I'd like to see that played live

Haha, I meant it's very difficult to record any kind of 'epic' on basic home recording equipment without it sounding awful...

Everyone loves a bit of prog though - Roundabout by Yes being one of my faves
Quote by lithium500

Yes we are based in New Zealand we play here and there but don't have anything lined up right now as we're focusing on putting out an EP but will be trying to play as much as possible next year

Quote by kyle62
Haha, I meant it's very difficult to record any kind of 'epic' on basic home recording equipment without it sounding awful...

Everyone loves a bit of prog though - Roundabout by Yes being one of my faves

Roundabout is awesome I had to play that and Shine on you crazy diamond for an assessment at uni
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals