Hey,
Ive got a Gibson Faded Special SG with Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires in it. Do you think its worth getting a new guitar? I play rock and metal mostly and im planning to spend around $1000. If you think I should get a new guitar, suggestions would be much appreciated.
Um i kinda want a guitar with a thin and fast neck and original floyd rose. These are somethings that my SG doesnt have so...
Thanks in advance
i would look into the ibanez s series. i got one a few months back, and i love it.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by Darth Sion
how good is the Ibanez S5470?

lol. that's the guitar that i bought a few months back, and all i can say is it is amazing. the only problem is the sustain issue, which for me, isn't even that big of a deal. mine personally sounds fine, and when you're shredding, who needs sustain right . and you also stated that you want a floyd rose? i heard that those are pain in the asshole when it comes to stringing and tuning, so maybe that's not the best choice.
well i want a guitar with a tremolo and floyds are the best right? i wouldnt mind a kahler either. and whats the difference between a floyd and the ZR2 bridge that comes with the Ibanez S5470?
Despite being a pretty new player, I got one piece of advice from a friend who has been playing for 5 years now...

"You can NEVER have enough Guitars."

Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
ive got a bugera 333xl with two marshall cabs...
Thats a sweet guitar but im not looking for a V-shaped guitar. I find them really hard to sit down and play with so...
And bout the floyd and ZR2. I know the difference but which in your opinion works better. Which stays in tune and is better for divebombs, pullups, etc.
Quote by Darth Sion
ive got a bugera 333xl with two marshall cabs...
Thats a sweet guitar but im not looking for a V-shaped guitar. I find them really hard to sit down and play with so...
And bout the floyd and ZR2. I know the difference but which in your opinion works better. Which stays in tune and is better for divebombs, pullups, etc.

well if you've seen herman li do his dive bombs, they are insane, but they still stay in tune. and this is the ZR2. and like i said previously, i wouldn't recommend getting a guitar with a floyd rose, because of the hassles, but hey. in the end, it's up to you.
Everyone that wants a new guitar with a Floyd, I recommend the Schecter C1 & Revenger-FR to, because I personally think that for the price, they're some of the most versatile and reliable guitars you can get.

The Ibanez S-Series is good too, maybe check out a few ESPs and Jacksons. Look towards the middle to high end ones though, the low end ones suck.
He wants a thin and fast neck, the schecter is like weilding a baseball bat.
Quote by JackalUK
He wants a thin and fast neck, the schecter is like weilding a baseball bat.

I disagree. It's the thickness of a standard strat neck, but with a thin U profile. IT IS NOT LES PAUL THICKNESS so would people stop suggesting that please.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Good build quality, good pickups, neck is slightly thinner than a stats. Go out and play one if you can.

Other brands to look at Jackson, Ibanez