hi

here is what i wrote in what guitar to get thread that no one replies i it thought writing here might help

Username:shadow-guitar
Price Range:300-390
Genres / Bands I like:gnr-metallica-ragm
What I want: electric
Additional Information:FENDER GUITARS ONLY

thnx in advance
"It's peace at last, or peace at least"
Guns n Roses tone comes from a Les Paul with SD Alcino pickups and an 80s Marshall amp, and Metallica tone comes from some of the older Mesa amps and a Superstrat with EMG 81s. Tom Morello used a Kramer with EMG single coils in it.

So if you want to get all those tones, what you'd want is a Superstrat with HSH setup and possibly coil-taps or whatever it's called to get a single coil out of the neck humbucker (something like that). That'll get you some versatility.

The most important thing though is the amplifier though. What amplifier do you currently have?
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Guns n Roses tone comes from a Les Paul with SD Alcino pickups and an 80s Marshall amp, and Metallica tone comes from some of the older Mesa amps and a Superstrat with EMG 81s. Tom Morello used a Kramer with EMG single coils in it.

So if you want to get all those tones, what you'd want is a Superstrat with HSH setup and possibly coil-taps or whatever it's called to get a single coil out of the neck humbucker (something like that). That'll get you some versatility.

The most important thing though is the amplifier though. What amplifier do you currently have?

i have a Yamaha GA15

i know it sucks !

a new amp is next on my list

thanks alot for helping
"It's peace at last, or peace at least"
You can never go wrong with a Fender.
Get a HSH Strat.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
I'd get a HSH Superstrat. Your choice of fixed bridge or tremolo.

Ibanez makes RG's with tremolo and fixed bridge. RG350DX has a licensed floyd rose (Edge III) and there's a RG321 with the tune o matic I think, also there's some Jackson Dinkys you could look at.

Basically if I were you, I'd look at all Superstrats with HSH setup in the $300-$400 range including used.

Fender doesn't make a HSH Strat as far as I know, so I wouldn't look at Fenders.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Get the HSS Strat

If you HAVE to have a Fender, get that. But for the tone you are looking for, you should get a Les Paul, thats what Slash used, can't go wrong with a Les Paul.
Fender's generally have more of a bluesy tone, while Les Pauls are can go from Blues to Metal, you can get a nice Les Paul Epiphone for like $300-$600.
FYI, Slash uses a neck humbucker in Sweet Child O' Mine, so you'd need H/H setup like a Les Paul (since he plays a Les Paul, although his isn't a Gibson I think). The reason I was recommending HSH is for versatility.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Quote by MustangSVT
FYI, Slash uses a neck humbucker in Sweet Child O' Mine, so you'd need H/H setup like a Les Paul (since he plays a Les Paul, although his isn't a Gibson I think). The reason I was recommending HSH is for versatility.

Actually, it is a Gibson.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
well the only fender in your price range (+$9) would be a mexican standard. an HSS

as others have said though a humbucker at the neck too would be better so maybe find something used for cheap then get a new pickguard and pickups. might have to raise your budget a tad.
Quote by TheMeltdown
Actually, it is a Gibson.

No, it wasn't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No, it was a one-off custom model made by an independent luthier
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No, it was a one-off custom model made by an independent luthier

Yea exactly. Just cause Slash endorses Gibson or whatever doesn't mean that he played with their guitars in every song. Kinda like how James Hetfield's main guitar is a Ken Lawrence Explorer, not an ESP Explorer.

I'm gonna say this again, for the music style you want shadow, you want a Superstrat shape with H/S/H setup. Look for some used guitars in that price range. You could probably get an Ibanez RG350DX brand new. Heck I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. As always, it's recommend to try out a couple of different guitars to see what you like more.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110